Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Jul 2, 2007, 07:59 AM
    General law on divorce for wife
    I have friends whose daughter and son in law are business partners with them. The daughter is a stay at home mother and is dependent on her husbands income. If she were to file for divorce does that hinder her getting alimony? And how would the business be treated by the courts? He seems to try and coax her a lot on leaving him which is why we ask the question. The business is at the early stages and is a brick and mortar shop where she isn't able to contribute except for moral support. I realize there are probably a number of ifs here but I'm going on the little I know. I told my friends I would check around for answers. Hopefully someone here can give us some some advise. Thanks in advance.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 02:24 PM
    As long as she isn't an officer of the company, the courts will only treat it as domestic. If there are children involved then she could get child support. I don't know what your state rules are for alimony.

Sometimes it doesn't get all the way to a court divorce if everything is amicable, but as children are involved then the situation changes.

I see what where you are coming from though, he is prompting her to make the first move, but what would the reason be? Infedlity, does he have someone else ?

It is a shame he is going about the situation like that, not entirely honest from what you say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce law [ 1 Answers ]

My wife & I have been residents for 5 months in a new state, she took our son and went back to our previous residence, filed for divorce then had case dismissed and came back to current state I work in. She has other children, does not have fully custody, does not drive, has been in & out of...

Divorce Law [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in the middle of a nasty divorce from my ex wife. The house that we lived in for 15 years was given to both of us as a wedding present from her parents who are both still alive. Both our names are on the deeds and we have a small mortgage on it which was used to clear off some debts...

What do you do if your ex-wife doesn't follow the divorce decree when she files her t [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: As part of our divorce decree, the judge ruled specifically that we were both supposed to claim two of our four children on our taxes. I just found out that my ex-wife claimed all four of the children and submitted electronically. Now, I am worried that when I file my taxes (as...

What do I do if my mother in law claimed my wife? [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my wife had gotten married on dec. 18 2006 and her mother claimed her yet so did I I thought she could not claim her because she is my wife what do I do?

X-wife in defalt of divorce agreement and visitation [ 3 Answers ]

my fiance's x-wife has moved back and forth from miami to orlando fl. Several times over the last 2 years with their now 9 year old daughter. My fiancé has not spoken to or seen his daughter know for 3 months. He is supposed to have visitation according to the divorce agreement with his daughter...

View more questions Search