Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laughnowcrylater Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Does this violate my probation? Please help me out
    Hello,I am a 17 year old male. I was put on probation for 1 year for possession of marijuana.I also lost my license for 6 months. This was on April 13th 2007 that I was put on probation. Since I was under 18, I went to family court. But last week, I was riding a \"Go-Ped\" (motorized scooter), the motor is 23 cubic inches. It's a stand up scooter with a small motor on it. A cop pulled me over and gave me 3 tickets, uninsured vehicle, unregistered vehicle and driving without a license. It was the same officer that arrested me for marijuana. My court date is on August 7th. I spoke to my insurance agent and he said that they can't give me that because you can't register it, you can't insure it, and you can't get a license for it. I live in New Jersey. So I want to know if these tickets will violate my probation.

Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 09:09 PM
    I would suggest telling all of this to your probation officer as quickly as possible before he or she finds it out on their own.

You are still under 18. The tickets may be invalid because of the information that your insurance agent gave you. But, I don't know the laws for juveniles in New Jersey nor the motor vehicle laws. But hopefully, someone will come along who does.
    laughnowcrylater Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Bump.. can someone please help me?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:34 AM
    Have you told your probation officer about the tickets? If you did, what did he or she have to say? If you haven't spoken with him or her about this, you really need to do that. It would help you to not keep guessing about the situation. Someone on this site may come around who knows about the laws of New Jersey. I sincerely hope that someone does come around. On the other hand, they might not.

To my knowledge, most minor traffic violations don't violate probation in most of the states. Probation officials generally look for things like, DUI's, driving with a suspended license, getting three or more moving violations tickets within a certain amount of time, such as within a year, and much worse violations. Not the kind of violations that everyone usually gets.

If the tickets were indeed invalid, as your insurance agent seems to indicate, I would think that you have nothing to worry about.

You might also consider having a friend call or stop by the police station and ask the questions about the tickets for you.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 12, 2007, 02:57 AM
    Ok I live in the UK and I know we had issues with those go ped things. Basically they are only legal for using on private land because they are motorised so not allowed on pedestrian walkways, but cannot be registered or insured so are not allowed on roads. People here were being tickets, which they had to pay, for using them outside on public land if they got caught, so the tickets may stand, I would ask the police for clarification of their status.
    As for the probaiton issue, I have no idea, I would talk to your probation officer as soon as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violate of Probation [ 2 Answers ]

Back in Sept, of 2006 I went in front of a judge to terminate a court order of restraining order of my boyfriend. The judge approved. The thing is, his probation officer came to the house March 28, 2007 to arrest him because now they are saying he violoated probation because there is a stay away...

Traffic violation [ 2 Answers ]

How many citations does a driver can have before their license is being suspended?

Traffic violation [ 25 Answers ]

Im not sure if I have a motorist insurance and along the way I got a moving violation, I just want to ask if Im an uninsured motorist and I got a ticket, do I first get an insurance before I fix my ticket or fix my ticket first before getting my insurance. My deadline for my ticket is on March...

Will I violate probation? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to see my p.o. I am going to give him a dirty test, it's my first time on probation and in trouble (GM) (embezzlement.) it's not just thc dirty either. What might I expect?

Traffic Violation in Ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a phone call from a collection agency that is trying to collect on a 15 year old traffic violation in Ontario. Is there a statue of limitations surrounding this? They claim the town sent numerous mailings to a very old address. What recourse do I have, if any? Roger

View more questions Search