Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Devonshire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 06:05 PM
    How locate pvc drain under concrete slab
    Eight years ago, I had a bathroom and office installed downstairs. Along the way, they dug a trench through the existing concrete slab and put in the appropriate pvc drain. This "underslab" drain runs under my office. Now I want to find out exactly where this drain is located so that I can put in some (3) concrete anchor bolts in my office without drilling into the pvc drain. Is there an easy inexpensive way to locate this drain?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
    I am not a professional plumber, but a thought is a snake in drain and a metal detector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken bathtub drain - PVC near slab [ 2 Answers ]

During replacing a bathtub, the drain pipe got caugt on the tub and it broke the PCV joint near the slab. The coupling broke, but the PCV piece that comes in through the slab fully intact. However, it is still glued into half of the coupling. There does not appear to be enough room to cut and...

PVC flange on concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

Hey speedball1 (and anyone else interested)... after some thought, I decided to pull the toilet up again before committing to caulking it down. At very least I thought I should jam lots of plastic toilet shims under the flange to support it in the event the toilet comes to rest on it. Attached...

PVC flange too high, concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

I discovered the toilet flange in our downstairs bath is about 3/16-1/4” above the concrete slab. Maybe this clearance was left for subfloor/tile that never got installed. Anyway, the toilet rests on the flange unless a lot of shims are used. Also, it looks like the previous owner must have...

Bathtub Drain concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just finishing up the basment. The bath drain is roughed in. My problem is the rough-in is on the wrong side. I want the bathtub installed with the plumbing fitures on the same wall as the toilet. Can I run a drain line under the tub?

View more questions Search