Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjmcchr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Reasons for Filing a Restraining Order
    The mother of my 15 year old son's ex-girlfriend says she is filing a restraining order against my son. Doesn't she have to have a reason to file? My son is not pursuing this girl, in fact it is the other way around. What happened was this girl picked my son up last week (she is not even legal to drive), took him to her house. The mom's vicadin bottle ended up disappearing and she came over to my house ranting and raving about having my son arrested for stealing her prescription. My son has given me the complete story and the daughter took the prescripton and offered them to my son.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:51 PM
    She can always file a motion for a restraining order. However, without compelling evidence to justify it the judge won't grant it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping a restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to stop a restraining order?

Restraining order [ 5 Answers ]

I am currentlly with a man who is married but has been separated from his wife for 2 years. He is finally starting divorce proceedings. When he and his wife first separated she took out a restraining order to the effect that I cannot be around their 3 year old daughter. It has been almost 2...

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get a restraining order based on a threat?

Can I get a restraining order against my parents? [ 5 Answers ]

I am filing for emancipation and I am wondering if I can file a restraining order against my parents so that they can not touch me and hurt me.

What are my Fatherly Rights when I have a restraining order? [ 4 Answers ]

My soon to be ex-wife and myself are currently in the process of our divorce. While we were married, she became very manipulative, threatening, and volatile. When I told her I was filing for divorce, she did the ultimate and called the police on me stating that I pushed her to the ground,...

View more questions Search