Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IM_confused Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Small claims Appeal
    I am appealing the Texas Small Claims Court decision (and judgment) to the County Court.

I've got two questions, if I win my appeal.
    1) Can I recover my attorneys fees and costs (such as the cost of the Appeal Bond)?
    2) Will the Small Claims decision and judgment be removed from my credit report?

Thanks...
    IM

PS: I did not file a counter claim in Small Claims.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
    If you get the judgement vacated it should be removed. Generally you can sue for court costs.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Hello again, IM:

1) Probably not.

2) Probably... but it probably isn't going to happen just because you win. It will probably take additional effort beyond that.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use this to take someone to small claims? [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to make it short and sweet. We went to settlement on the our purchase of a home and, because I thought I knew the person we bought our home from I did not take a written agreement. BIG NO NO on my behalf realizing that now... The agreement was for the seller to come back and repair...

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to sue in small claims court... the situation is... I paid a sort of boyfriend my half of a vacation that never happened... I canceled the vacation in time to get a return for my share of the cost... it was all on his credit card... when it came back to his card he never gave me the...

Small Claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued for a debt. The debt is just in my name not my husbands can they garnish his wages. (I am a stay at home mom). I know they can go after bank accounts but our account is just in my husbands name. Can they go after the account if it is not in my name?

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to sue someone in small claims court... he is a German man... he has lived in America for many years... speaks English well... his wife is telling me I must pay for an interrupter as English isn't his native language... he has got a drivers license in the us.. as well as has got a...

View more questions Search