Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfree9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 09:15 AM
    MTD Model 820 Lawn Tractor twin cylinder 46 Inch Deck
    Was cutting the grass and the engine stopped.
    Tried to restart but cannot. The battery is fine, the oil was just changed, the gas is clean and fresh, the carburetor is clean, the air filter is clean, the choke works fine, the spark plugs are clean and dry. The enine turns but won't fire up.
    MowerMan42 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Check that the connection to the fuel solenoid on the carb has not fallen off. If OK, you need to eliminate check if you have an ingnition or a fuel problem.

Remove the air cleaner. While someone cranks the engine, spray some carb cleaner into the air intake. F the engine fires, you have a fuel problem. If not, you have an ignition problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD Lawn Tractor [ 8 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a 1991 MTD lawn tractor 18hp w/46" deck, 6 speed, low and high range. Over the past year 1st through 4th won't move tractor forward and I have to use position 5 or 6. Is this a problem with the trans or a drive belt problem? The only belts that have ever been changed are the deck...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 6 Answers ]

I recently bought a used mtd lawn tractor, 38" deck, 7 speed manual ,12 hp I/c briggs engine. The tractor needs a new transmission belt. Because I don't have an owners manual or parts list, I don't know which belt to order. Does anyone know what belt I need?

MTD lawn tractor deck is cockeyed and shredding belts. [ 4 Answers ]

How do I fix a 1999 MTD Lawn Tractor Deck model “F” that is uneven and shreds belts? The deck lift handle no longer smoothly raises and lowers. It seems to be hitting something. The deck on the deck left hand side does not lower all the way. On the opposite side it goes down nearly touching...

Mtd lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an MTD lawn tractor seems to act like it is sliping if forward gear I have repaced the belt. Does not do this in reverse. Could it be the transmission is that rebuildable?

View more questions Search