Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    änchored Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
    I need info
    Hello,
    I need Help!!
    OK my Mom is saying that my dad is not paying my mom not money for child support
    When I know he is and I don't know what to do
    Cause my Dad said that if he doesn't pay it he can get into a lot of Trouble
    So I need help cause I don't know what to do to help my Dad and if any of you know how to help just message me please!!
    Thanks

änchored
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:33 PM
    I would ask your dad to show you the documents that proves he is paying child support, if this has been done through the court. Has child support been arrainged though a court system?

It would help to know in what country you live to make a more helpful answer to you.

Jun 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
    Well I am not really sure I mean I am only 15...
    And I live in Canada
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:38 PM
    I know that this can be a really confusing issue for you. It is for anyone at any age. I would ask your dad if he has documents to show that he must pay child support and how much he must pay. If he is saying that he could get into a lot of trouble by not paying the child support, then chances are that the arrangement for child support has been done through a court.

Jun 30, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Well I know that my dad is paying her and she is making up bull lies about
    How she can't even buy me any clothes cause she is so broke
    And I am like!! Cause my dad is paying her and I don't think he would lie to me
    But yeah she makes up lies saying how she can't buy me anything when she goes to stores and buys stuff for her self
    Like I need that $$ for me so I canb get stuff I need
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
    My mom, always hid the fact about child support from me when I was younger. Always looking for him and when payments were given. Had no idea about it.

When I turned 18 or 19 and I was living out of the house my father thought all he needed was a letter from me stating that I was no longer living at home.

It also depends on how much your dad owes. It all depends on if it was done through court or not as Clough said.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Ah, so you think that instead of spending money to support you she is using the money to support herself.

I know exactly how you feel. I never knew when my mother was getting money or how much and never seen a thing.

EDIT:::::::::::

If your father does it through the courts then he should have proof that he has been making payments.

If it is not through courts and there is only cash involved, no way to prove it.

Unless he has been writing checks.

Joe

Jun 30, 2007, 11:46 PM
    Yeah exactly
    But I hate it cause my friends are buying me stuff when my freakin Mother won't
    So I just need a Mom to buy me stuff
    And take care of me cause I still can't do it.

And how old are you?

Jun 30, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Well I don't really know what
    To do anymore but what I do know is that I want my parents to stop lieing to me
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:53 PM
    You still need to ask your dad about whether the child support has been arranged through a court and if he has documentation concerning it.

==Edit in addition to the above==

Until you know that, it is difficult to give you concrete answers.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by änchored
    well i don't really know what
    to do anymore but what i do know is that i want my parents to stop liein to me
    Have you asked your parents if they are lying to you? If not, how do you know that they are lying?

Jun 30, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Yeah I guess so
    But I mean I am only 15 do you really think I should be doing this right now or do you think I should be more concerned about me?

Jul 1, 2007, 12:03 AM
    but I g2g so maybe I'll talk to u later
    bye and thanks 4 your help
    really appreciate it! =D
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 12:08 AM
    You will do the right thing and be more at peace with the situation once you have all the facts and are then able to present them to us so that the answers that you receive here are based on all of the facts and not just on guesswork.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 12:43 AM
    The thing here is that one parent is saying one thing and the other parent is saying another.

Somebody is not telling the truth.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. Ask questions and get some concrete evidence and proof. Good luck.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    The thing here is that one parent is saying one thing and the other parent is saying another.

Somebody is not telling the truth.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. Ask questions and get some concrete evidence and proof. Good luck.
    This is true!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 06:57 AM
    I've noticed you're from Canada. I don't know how things are done in Canada, but here in the U.S. child support is generally paid via wage attachment. In other words, the money would be deducted straight from your father's paycheck so that he'd never even see it, just like taxes. Then it'd be fowarded to whatever agency in that particular state handles child support collections. Then, in turn, the payment would be sent to your mother, either as a check made payable to her or directly deposited into her bank account. Assuming that you're under the age of 18, your mother acts as a trustee of sorts, in that the money, while paid to her, is done with the assumption that it'll go for your living expenses ; your food, your clothing, your portion of the rent/mortgage, utilities, medical expenses, etc. Altohough you yourself are not directly responsible for paying such things as rent or mortgage and utilities, since these things are required for your sustainance as well as your mother's (and anyone else living in your household), it's legitimate for her to spend a portion of your child support on these things as well. If you believe that your mother is misallocating your child support money or lying to you about not receiving it, your best bet would be to speak with your father about it. If he is in fact paying it according to established procedure, he should be able to contact the appropriate authorities and have the matter investigated.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Very informative answer above.

I would add, that a wage garnishment or wage attachment of a person's earnings in order to procure the money for child support is true, except in the cases of where the payor is self-employed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Info [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know a guy called jerry ostry ?

Info from anyone [ 6 Answers ]

Hiya all, any one with some advice would be great, I'm currently in a relationship of 11months, he live away from me so I don't see him 2 often, I split up with my ex just a month before I got with him it was kind of a rebound thing that didn't stop, and now I can't get my ex out my head I love him...

Need info [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I live in Texas . I am on F1 visa status working for university for 20 hrs. My husband is on H1 b. We need to file taxes . My first question is do we need to file taxes jointly or separately.since I am on F1 visa status I get 100% tax withheld tax back. But how to do if I'm filing jointly with...

Anyone have any info on this for me? [ 1 Answers ]

We have been unable to locate records on the puppy we adopted so we took him to the vet. The initial visit went well she said he is a prime example of a dauchaund. Not fat and full of energy. They took a stool sample though to verify things. Well today the vet called to say our dog has Giardia ?...

View more questions Search