Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drifter771 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Pool leak fix
    Does any one know FROM THEIR OWN USE, if Marlig Fix-a-leak works?
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Hi there,

This is a great question and anyone with a leaking pool receiving a quote to repair really wants to believe that this super heap and easy option will provide a solution.

If products like this worked I would not spend as much time as I do jackhammering open concrete decks to repair leaking pipes underneath. Conceptually the product is flawed. Assuming that it WILL seal a leak in a pipe run - and that is a pretty big assumption, the leak is present from a problem with the run. If the ground it settling or the pipe is old and deteriorating -the leak is a growing problem, not a static problem. Any success that you might find with a product like this is undermined by a worsening underlying problem and should be considered a "band-aid" technique.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to fix a leak without turning off water source? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in an apartment and the water shut off valve is in the apt next to mine; in order to reach the valve, we would have to break through dry wall.:eek:

Fix leak at joint from city meter to home [ 2 Answers ]

Have leak at joint where the city water comes into the house. Will silicone caulk work?

How to fix small leak in bathroom basin [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to fix a small leak in a bathroom basin? There's a small pool of water just under the bend in the basin pipe. The faucets don't leak. I've checked under the basin, and both copper pipes are dry. There's water visible around the top of the basin pipe, where it joins the...

Shower leak found - how to fix.. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a square,fiberglass, one drain shower. I has had a leak for a while,but just noticed. Water is coming from the drain, not a leaking pipe. I believe there was to be some silicon or some other sealant between the shower base and the drain itself, but none is present. Can I simply dry it...

View more questions Search