Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosmojme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 01:16 PM
    violation of unsupervised prohbation
    My boyfriend violated his unsupervised prohbation, issued a court date which he was going to go to, even took off work to make court. Well he took off the wrong day, the day after and missed it. That day he called the courts to let them know what happened. They issued a habeas corpus on him... what exactly does that mean and what will happen to him once he goes to the police station??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 02:47 PM
    I think that means he is 'in contempt of court'. Basically they don't care what the reason was, he missed his court date and has to suffer the consequences.

If he was sincere he WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED HIS COURT DATE... I don't exactly know what that means but it isn't good, and quite probably our very astute member EXCON will be able to get right under this.

I suggest he he will be very contrite and treat and his situation seriously when he meets his probation officer.

I don't know why young people have such a lax attitude of the laws and don't treat it seriously.

You are on the obviously on the NET, LOOK IT UP AND TELL HIM WHAT TO EXPECT. And yes I am YELLING.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
    It is basically a warrant, it is a writ ordering him to appear before the court.

He needs to arrange with a bail bondsmen and perhaps arrange with his attorney and turn hisself in, If they have to come get him, it will go a lot worst.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Hello cos:

Habeas Corpus means produce the body. In this case, they body is your boyfriends, and the cops are ordered to produce it in court. As the Padre said, it's just a fancy way to describe a warrant.

I would be calling the probation department - not the court. What's going to happen because he missed his date?? If he coordinates with the probation department, he might not be arrested – or he might.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Unsupervised probation [ 2 Answers ]

My brother-in-law is on unsupervised probation in Tennessee. He wants to come live with me and his brother in Michigan. Will he get in trouble for leaving state if he does?

Unsupervised probation [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is on unsupervised probation. Is he allowed to possess a firearm, or leave the state without prior consent or notification?

Unsupervised probation [ 1 Answers ]

I am on unsupervised probation in the state of Indiana but I am going to college in Idaho. I have paid all my fines and attended the alcohol classes on time and with no problems. I have one month left on my year long probation but 5 months ago I got pulled over for invalid license. I called the...

View more questions Search