Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flatfour Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Forgotten the Title of this Book
    I am trying to find the title of a most thought provoking book about a man who loses everything, becomes almost a tramp, then gradually rebuilds his life on the banks of an estuary in the West Country of England , finds a wife, and meets again the man who defrauded him. Can anyone help please ? I should think the book was written in the 1930s or 1940s
    eecarson Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Though it doesn't sound exactly the same, what you wrote reminds me of the story "The Count of Monte Cristo," which is older than the 1930s and 40s, but maybe the author based his book off the plot?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgotten cartoon title [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I'm searching for a cartoon title, which I used to watch when I was young. I don't remember much about it, but here are some things I do remember: - There were two main heroes, male and a female, along with some old wizard who helped them all the time. - They were probably...

80's sci/fantasy - Title lost and forgotten [ 2 Answers ]

This has been an ongoing search for 10 years now. When I ask other people about it they look at me like I'm from outerspace or something. I can only remember a short scene from movie. There is a young girl, maybe 10yr-12yr and she is in the bathroom looking up at this white old spice glass bottle...

Title of a book [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a title for a book that I read when I was about 12 years old. The cover featured four girls at a sleepover and they're all putting some form of gel or goo on their hair. One girl has her hair up in spikes. Anyway the book is about a girl getting bad luck because she put the goo...

Need Book Title [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of a book I read a long time ago But I can't remember it. I just remember that it was written by an African author and it was a story about a young girl who falls in love With her teacher and couldn't marry him because he was of lower class Other men however pursue...

Title to a book [ 1 Answers ]

A while back I was told of a book about a boy who has an "imaginary" friend Mr. Beasley, but he is really the devil. That is all I have. I thought it would be simple cause I was told the title was "Mr. Beasley", but when I try to look it up, I get nothing. I don't believe anyone else knew that it...

View more questions Search