Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deygenlake Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Duraglass pump wiring issue
    I have a duraglass pump that is used and was wired direct. I bought it third party so I didn't cut the wiring. It has 3 wires: red blue and black, what is the most likely set up for these wires? Red-hot, black-ground, and blue-hot?
    I am wiring to red, black, and white. Thanks, Ty

230 volts... can't read phase... know that I have to ground it with copper wire from housing and that there is a green ground wire... but my direct wiring wires are red, blue, and black...

Single phase I am pretty sure...
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 30, 2007, 01:17 PM
    What voltage/phase does it says an the name plate.. it could be 3 phase, ground should be green

Jun 30, 2007, 01:25 PM
    230 volts... can't read phase... know that I have to ground it with copper wire from housing and that there is a green ground wire... but my direct wiring wires are red, blue, and black...

Jun 30, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caibuadday
    what voltage/phase does it says an the name plate..it could be 3 phase, ground should be green

230 volt... pretty sure it's single phase... not 3 phase... green ground runs from inside housing... have 3 to connect direct:red, blue, and black... hope this helps...
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Can you read the model number? I am still not convinced that this is a single phase pump. You bought it used and it just so happens that the name plate is scratched out making the phase unreadable - many commercial 3 phase pumps and equipment get stolen off comercial jobsites.

You should have bare copper or green for ground, white for neutral, and red and black for the 110/220 volt supply options. If you have a blue wire it really makes you think three phase... perhaps if you can get a model number we can determine just what you have.

Cheers.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity pools

Jul 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity pools
    Can you read the model number? I am still not convinced that this is a single phase pump. You bought it used and it just so happens that the name plate is scratched out making the phase unreadable - many commercial 3 phase pumps and equipment get stolen off of comercial jobsites.

You should have bare copper or green for ground, white for neutral, and red and black for the 110/220 volt supply options. If you have a blue wire it really makes you think three phase...perhaps if you can get a model number we can determine just what you have.

Cheers.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity pools

p2r is the most I can get of the model #... really can't tell what phase... hope the model # helps... losing my mind over this thing... thanks for all the help, Ty
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Sounds like 2 speed pump. Black may be 1 hot, and blue and red, high and low speed.
    Remove cover at motor connections, see what colors are where. Look under cover, or on motor for connection diagram.
    Possible your situation may only require 1 speed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

3 and 4 way switch wiring issue [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Leviton PR 180 motion activated light control, but was wondering if this could be wired to replace the current 4 way throw switch in its current location. The current 4 way switch is in a 3-switch configuration, but was placed in a location where a motion sensor would work better. ...

Simple HVAC wiring issue [ 10 Answers ]

I am switching from Honeywell CT87a (subbase Q539A4034) to Honeywell RTH7400 seems simple enough but I am bad when it comes to this sort of stuff. Anyway. I have Red, White, Green, Blue wiring coming out of the wall and have a electric air/heat system. Currently wired to 7400 as R-R W-Y B-W...

Thermostat wiring issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new condensing unit and cannot get it to turn on or the furnace to operate in the heat mode. What voltage reading should I expect at the thermostat? I do not seem to be reading 24 volts and am not sure if it is the transformer as I did not touch it. I am wondering if the...

View more questions Search