Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DKM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2005, 02:52 PM
    Little Cold Water and plugged sink
    Very little cold water is coming into the shower and tub faucet although it is doing fine to the toilet and sink. Someone told me the faucets may need to be taken apart and cleaned but I don't know how. The faucets are barely a year old. We are on well water.

The bathroom sink is real sluggish draining and I have ran a snake down it, used a plunger and chemicals but it is still really sluggish. Our house is 100 years old but my children and I have redone the bathroom, but I used most all the original plumbing. I would appreciate anyone explaining to me how to fix. My husband won't fix anything and I can't afford a plumber.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 26, 2005, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DKM
    Very little cold water is coming into the shower and tub faucet although it is doing fine to the toilet and sink. Someone told me the faucets may need to be taken apart and cleaned but I don't know how. The faucets are barely a year old. We are on well water.

The bathroom sink is real sluggish draining and I have ran a snake down it, used a plunger and chemicals but it is still really sluggish. Our house is 100 years old but my children and I have redone the bathroom, but I used most all the original plumbing. I would appreciate anyone explaining to me how to fix. My husband won't fix anything and I can't afford a plumber.
    The faucet may have picked up a little dirt or debris from the well and it's clogging the cold water side of your valve. I need to know the brand name of the faucet. One handle or two knobs? Diverter on the spout or part of the valve? I need to know this before I can help. As for the sluggish bathroom lavatory, Have you pulled the stopper and ckecked to see if it's not clogged with hair? If it's clear then get hubby off his duff and rent a power snake and snake from the lavatory roof vent. Drop the cable down the vent until it hits the bead at the base and then put out about 20 feet more. Flush the line out with a few pans of boiling water afterwards.. good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water from kitchen sink [ 4 Answers ]

Any help is appreciated in advance. Before I call the plumber because I'm a plumbing novice. I thought I would search the internet and see what I can find out. For some reason today my the cold water faucet in my kitchen sink is no longer working. The hot water flows just fine, but not the...

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure [ 3 Answers ]

No other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water...

Cold water no longer running to one sink. Also lots of air [ 3 Answers ]

I moved in about a month ago to a 1920's duplex. Most of the plumbing was re-done when the house was gutted in the '90s, and there was an addition added (with PEX plumbing, incidentally) in 2001. When we bought the house the addition had been winterized. I've de-winterized it and now have a few ...

Low cold water flow/pressure in kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

We live on the 6th floor in a 12-story condo building and have always had low cold water flow/pressure in the kitchen sink. The hot water is OK, as is the cold water in the bathrooms. I've adjusted the pressure valve under the sink to get as much flow/pressure as possible, but the stream is barely...

View more questions Search