Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christopher_amatulli Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Jun 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Outdoor eletrical wiring (switches, control center)
    I was curious if anyone knows of a "control center" type device for outside wireing... I've wired up quite a few indoors, but I know those indoor ones are NOT for outdoors because they are not water tight and most don't even have covers for the switches.

Basically what I need is an outdoor box that can hold 8 switches + a gfi outlet. If anyone can direct me to a site that sells them or what they are called (part number would be great) I'd really appreciate it :)...

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Don't know"Control Center" or communication format.
    You could use X10, or PLC(power line carrier)type control.

X10 PRO Online is a good site, then click "Landscape Lighting Applications"
    Is shows 4 button light control, and you can dim.
    2 Gang box would be 8 switches. You don't have to home run wires.
    Change out existing switches, You can add receiver, allows Key fob of your
    PLC Devices. They have a 16 cannel transmitter and can change house codes, allowing
    Control of numerous lights, pumps, You can add transponder for phone control.
    Also check out:
    X10.com - X10 Home Security, Wireless Security Camera, Home Automation, Electronics and More!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Control Center Wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to make this old Magic Chef furnace work in my garage. I got it and the Fan Control Center was broken, laying inside unwired. I have no wiring diagram for this unit but the M# is G76-7502 C2-5. I need help wiring the fan control center and the fan limit switch to power. I bought a new...

Rheem Furnace Fan Control Center Transformer [ 2 Answers ]

I was replacing my transformer/fan control center for a Rheem Furnace (central Heat/air) and did not label the wires. I am now very confused... I have two sets of contact wires coming out of the relay, one set "no" and the other "nc". And the Primary wires on the transformer... How do I connect...

Wiring two switches, two fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

I'm nearly finished with a remodeling project and I'm having trouble getting an answer to what I thought would be a simple wiring question. I want to have two light switches in the new bathroom. One will control the main light, the other will turn on the light/vent above the shower. This is on...

Ceiling fan with 2 speed control switches [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if it was any way possible to hook up 2 control switches to 1 ceiling fan? The fan is at top of stairs and connected to a high ceiling so if this were possible it would be so much of a convenience instead of always running up the stairs to turn on fan. Any help would be greatly...

Fan Control Center Wiring [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I have an oil forced air furnace, with the fan controlled by a Honeywell L4064 fan limit control. The fan itself is capable of two speeds. I would like to add a fan control centre so that I can control the fan from a switch, hopefully able to select speeds. I gather adding a White-Rogers...

View more questions Search