Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Removing wall paper
    This is only one of my projects today. I know it won't be easy, have a few ideas and will try them all because basically have nothing to lose but time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 06:41 AM
    A steamer if you know where to rent one. A sprayer fill will hot water to presoak the wall paper to help loosen the glue.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Congratulations, Tickle, on tackling this project. You are braver than I am. My former Mother-in-law did this for a living, so she used a wallpaper steamer.

I did find a good article and video on E-How - How to Remove Wallpaper | eHow.com. Has written instructions plus the video.

This site has much of the same info as the E-How one - How to Strip Wallpaper | DoItYourself.com

Wishing you the very best of luck. Oh, my mother-in-law also said a good drink helped imake it better, but then she was partial to salty dogs too. Lol.
    sueleep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Buy a bottle of wallpaper remover solution, spray, wait 10 minutes and scrape. Hardest part is not the paper,but the glue. Use a scruffie. Good luck.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 12:40 PM
    I agree with the first two answers, use a steamer and it should peel right off :)
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jun 30, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Just paint over it
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 08:12 PM
    The more people that say the answer that they think is correct, the more likely it is the person will use that method. "Just paint over it" was a useless answer since she asked how to REMOVE it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing an interior wall [ 3 Answers ]

I am Renovating my kitchen and am removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room. The roof is constructed with W trusses that span the entire house. The wall rests beneath the middle of the trusses, but only halfway along from an exterior wall. After searching on-line for a while I have...

Cover paneling with wall paper [ 3 Answers ]

:o I have paneling on my walls from the 70's. I'd like to fill the spaces, cracks and holes then cover with wallpaper. I've been told to fill the spaces, cracks and holes with something that doesn't shrink. I know very little about this. Anyone have a suggestion as to what product I should use?

Removing a wall (with pictures [ 8 Answers ]

I have a wall which separates the vanity area from the shower/toilet area. I want to remove this wall, but was surprised when I removed the drywall. As seen in the photo below there is a 2X12 header across the door and a double 2X4 plate across the top. There is no support beam or post in the...

View more questions Search