Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadnsick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Is this normal, If it is then why do I feel so sad?
    Is it normal for my husband to want to watch me having sex with another man? My husband wants me to do this and frankly it makes me sick and sad to know that he would not be upset to see me with another man? Also he wants sex all the time and has been looking at other women a lot? Not sure if he has cheated or not? He plays in a band, so he is hanging out at the clubs/bars a lot, and If I go with him I end up getting left in the corner why he hangs out with his band members or makes the rounds chatting it up with whoever the whole night. I am just getting tired of all the stress he puts on me and our family. He use to care about my well being but now when I try to tell him there is a problem and I am unhappy, he says "Oh yeah, you think you can have it better? Good Luck." It gets worse year after year, I just want a normal, luving family guy, the guy that he use to be, the guy that I knew loved me above anything else! Is that too much to ask?:confused:

Thanks for reading.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 09:07 PM
    No, its not too much to ask. And if you want my opinion, this guy is a major jerk! If my husband treated me that way I'd tell him to go to hell. You are so much better than that and you should not have to put up with that!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 10:12 PM
    No man has the right to make his partner do ANYTHING that makes her feel uncomfortable. I hate to say it, but in reading your post I didn't get the impression that your husband likes or respects you - never mind loves you! Hon, I think you need to seriously consider whether this is the lifestyle you want to remain in or not and if not, start making a plan to get out. Now, I don't know your situation, but if you can, you should probably start by getting a job if you don't have one. This will help build your self-esteem (which you badly need) and provide you with a means of supporting yourself. Make sure you put money away for yourself, to help you if and when you decide to leave (or kick him out). If you decide not to leave, at least you can use the money to see a therapist or marriage counselor.

In the meantime, do NOT agree to do as your husband asks. Respect yourself, even if he won't. Start to keep a diary and make sure you put everything and anything in it that your husband does/says that seems inappropriate. Is he drinking excessively or on drugs? This could explain the changes in his behaviour.

It is possible that you and your husband could work things out, but I think the first thing is to get your self-esteem built up so that you are strong enough to tell him that you want certain things in your marriage (such as counselling for these issues) or it is over... and mean it!

Best of luck to you sweetie, whatever you decide. No matter what, though, please find a source of support for yourself.

Hugs, Didi
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Excellent and supportive answers above. I would take heed of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if you're depressed a lot and feel sad? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 21. I live w/ my fiancé. I get really depressed and sad sometime's. Other time's I get mad or angry. Most of the time I get sad and I don't know why. All my life I've delt with a mean father and mentally loony mother. My friend's have turned their back on me in the past. My grandfather died a...

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

Suddnely feel sad and lonely [ 4 Answers ]

It's very strange. These days, when by myself fell very lonely. When in big group I was always loud and laugh a lot, but always feel sad when return home. Always feel like curling up in to a ball on the bed, or watch romantic DVD, read books, so can escape from real life... Have a secret crush...

Sad me again. [ 8 Answers ]

So if anyone has read my last question you would know that I am still in love with my ex boyfriend. I had planned on cutting him out of my life until we were having a friendly conversation... all was going very well (as friends) but now we haven't talked in like 5 days so today I decided to just...

Is it normal to feel emotionally unsteady when you are il ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am new here and I came here with just this question. After reading some Q and A's I am impressed to see a small community here, discussing things that are important and being supportive. That's really great. OK, so here is my question: I have no mental illnesses according to my doctors....

View more questions Search