Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    round2shesaid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Good Diet for a Busy/Poor College Student?
    What is a healthy diet I could go on to lose weight, and just eat better that is super duper cheap and easy to do? Is that even out there? I want to eat better and would like to lose about 15 pounds, but I can't afford all this other stuff
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Just simply cut out carbohydrates :) There is no special material or anything like that required to buy for that diet, just plain and simple. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Cut out the carbs, and exercise. Exercise is just as important than diet.
    round2shesaid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Haha oh... I usually eat frozen pizzas and ramen noodles (both cheap cheap!).. I guess I need a total cabinet overhaul huh? Anyone know what's cheap to buy that's carb free?
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
    I'd cut out the noodles at least. Noodles and potatoes have the most Carbs. :)
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Jun 29, 2007, 06:44 PM
    A no carb diet is seriously d dummest ting you can ever do. Carbs are what gives the body energy. Without carbs you would feel weak while exercising and it is actually scientifically proven that everyone needs carbs in there diet. Do u know how much people got blackouts in gym because they did not eat enough crabs and had no energy. What you should do is modify your eating plan and calorie intake. Based on your body weight you might need between 1200-1600 calories 2 lose weight. You would need about 55%protein, 25%carbs and 20%fat. Proetin is needed 4 muscle synthesis, fat is absolutely necessary, body can't function without fat etc...
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Carbs aren't the only thing that gives the body energy, thank you. And its also been proven that carbs are worse for you than calories. You ever see what happens when a diabetic eats too many carbs? I have...

Jun 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Where are you getting your facts from? Damn homie. Doh be playing man. Carbs are d primary source of d body's energy.

Jun 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Where are you getting your facts from? Doh be playing man. Carbs are d primary source of d body's energy.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Lots of carbs=High glucose. High Glucose=High Levels of Sugars in your System. Sugar=Fattening, therefore High Sugar Levels=High Fat. Though they may give you energy, they aren't the only thing that does.

Jun 29, 2007, 06:58 PM
    I know what carbs are. Dat's as basic as it get's what u just said. Wat happens 2 carbs if not used by d body is that d sugars get stored as fat which is bad. So u're right about that. But dat's where d exercise comes from. Seriously what diet program that u know of that says to lose weight u exercise and cut off all carbs. Then where is your energy coming from? Let d bodybuilders stick to a no carb diet when dey want 2 achieve d cutting phase. They put a lot of stress on their body without any carbs. I have seen bodybuilders train and have asked them questions as well as top fitness coaches/personal trainers. U mean 2 tell me that they are just lying because all of dem agree that u need carbs in your diet. Where are your real facts. U gave me a simple equation. However what u failed to realise is what happens when exercise is involved.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 07:00 PM
    There are other things that give you energy enough to exercise. Ginseng, to be exact. Don't tell me that without carbs we would die while exercising or something like that, because we both know there are healthier things to replace carbs.

Jun 29, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Ginseng or Panax Ginseng extract is actually an adaptogen which means that it is supposed 2 help d body battle stress, increase alertness. Actally Ginseng is also used as a natural appetite stimulant. I'm sure you did not know that part.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
    [QUOTE=round2shesaid]What is a healthy diet I could go on to lose weight, and just eat better that is super duper cheap and easy to do? Is that even out there? I want to eat better and would like to lose about 15 pounds, but I can't afford all this other stuff[/QUOTEgoogle up USDA - CNPP - MyPyramid Tracker this is a great website that tells you what you need to eat daily. Here is a website that gives you indept information on just about anything you could ask for. Welcome to About.com p.s. fruit & veggies are cheaper esp. in the summer and very filling, also try to eat plenty of soups, and whole grain bread, oh and oatmeal if you get the instant kind, you can have ten breakfasts (which is very important) for under 4 dollars. A box of quaker cost under 2 bucks. Michelina or budget gourmet has entree's low fat for usually a dollar that and a cup of canned veggies would make a nice filling meal and keep the left over veggies for the next day or so or to use in vegetable soup. Also eggs are cheap and filling and last a couple of weeks. You really need to eat a balanced diet and of course exercise and get some sleep at least 7 hours a night. Oh, and water is very important to keep the body functioning properly. Buy baggies for storage of left overs or if you buy healthy choice lunch meat they come with a resuable container. You can lose it and eat healthy to, and feel better. The foods that you are eating now are not the healthiest for everyday use. Good Luck
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Other sources of energy are Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B12. These can all be taken in place of carbs. :)

Jun 29, 2007, 07:16 PM
    B Complex Vitamins are not for that purpose. Try researching them before u just give random details. B Vitamins also are used as an appetite stimulant. Don't take my word for it. You can check it up. But for now I'm going 2 bed... Based on carbs check this site out Carbs Diet Information
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 07:21 PM
    You directed me to a website where someone is trying to sell something. I haven't known very many people that tell the truth while trying to sell something. It says the carbs don't make you gain weight unless you eat a lot of them, which MAY be true, but just about everything nowadays has carbs, so in turn, you eat a lot of carbs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College Student Looking Into Buying A Home [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys, like the title says, I'm a college student looking into buying a home as an alternative to renting. I've rented for the last 2 years or so (an apartment) and I'm just tired of throwing my money away - thus why I thought it would be better to purchase a home and then rent a couple of the...

What vitamins do you use for a good diet [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to go on a diet. I do water aerobics 3 times a week for 1 hour. I don't really eat that bad but I drink 2 diet cokes a day. I have low iron, I'm like a border line diabetic, I was taking vitamins with iron but it messed up my bowels. I don't have normal bowel Movements. I was...

Good or bad diet? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best most effective diet to go on I have tried low carb gained it back AND SOME then weight watches time consuming and didn't have the money so what else is out there?? I thought about trying the order the food and it comes to your house deal but I am so busy working and taking care of...

How to well in college being a new student [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new student at a junior college taking 4 classes. How do you study for them? Do I just study each class a little a day, or what? I am confused with How I will get all A's. It's a little overwhelming. Thanks

View more questions Search