Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
    The latest debate
    Does anyone else find it curious that the Dems would hold their latest debate at Howard University, a historically black college, and whine about the Supreme Court's segregation decision?

And what do you make of this remark by Biden on the "inequities" between blacks and whites?

We should remind everybody that the day before a black child, a minority child, steps into the classroom, half the achievement gap already exists. That is, they already start behind. So the moment they walk into that school, they are already behind.
    When asked "what is the plan to stop and to protect these young people from" HIV/AIDS, Edwards opened with this:

African-American women are 25 times as likely to be infected with AIDS today in America than white women. Over half of the new diagnoses of AIDS in America are African-Americans. So this is obviously having a disproportionate effect on people of color and on the African-American community.
    Is anyone besides me sick and tired of blacks being "disproportionately affected"? Just exactly why are they "disproportionately affected" by everything from dropout rates, to how many are in prison, to suffering from HIV/AIDS? Is it all the white man's fault?

Hillary's answer was this:

You know, it is hard to disagree with anything that has been said, but let me just put this in perspective. If HIV/AIDS were the leading cause of death of white women between the ages of 25 and 34, there would be an outraged outcry in this country. (Cheers, applause.)

So let me quickly say -- before I get compared to Paris Hilton -- (laughter) -- that yes, we have to do all of this, and I’m working on this. I’m working to get Medicaid to cover treatment.
    Oh puhleeeeze. Take it from a white guy who's daughter was diagnosed with AIDS 7 years ago, I don't care what color a person is and I don't think the researchers and doctors do either, there's already been a huge outcry in this country and the primary solution from the left has been to tell kids to keep having sex, distribute condoms and pass out needles. If you don't address the behavior you can't eliminate this preventable disease. And yes, Medicaid has paid for all of my daughter's treatment.

On taxes:

Edwards: "First, we need to get rid of George Bush’s tax cuts for rich people which have distorted the tax system in America."

Obama: "There’s no doubt that the tax system has been skewed. And the Bush tax cuts -- people didn’t need them, and they weren’t even asking for them, and that’s why they need to be less, so that we can pay for universal health care and other initiatives. But I think this goes to a broader question, and that is, are we willing to make the investments in genuine equal opportunity in this country? People aren’t looking for charity, and one of the distressing things sometimes when we have a conversation about race in America is that we talk about welfare and we talk about poverty, but what people really want is fairness. They want people paying their fair share of taxes. They want that money allocated fairly."

Kucinich: "Right now we know that those who are in the highest brackets are not paying a fair share."

Gravel: "Do you think it’s accident that all of a sudden we wake up, that the wealthy aren’t paying a fair share? The only way they’re going to pay a fair share is wipe out the income tax -- it is corrupt, it’s corrupting our society -- and begin to put in place a tax that everybody will know what everybody’s paying, and that’s a retail sales tax. And you can make it as progressive as you want."

Dodd: "I’m deeply disappointed, as many. We had a very good period, I might say, under the Clinton administration, where we balanced the budget. We had a tax policy that was much more fair."

Clinton: "So, yes, we have to change the tax system, and we’ve got to get back to having those with the most contribute to this country."

Biden: "I would eliminate the tax cut for the wealthy."

Richardson: There’s no question -- there’s no question that there’s tax unfairness in this country, but we have to rebuild the economy. Yes, the Bush tax cuts of 2 percent; that has to go... we need to find ways also to use the tax code, not just to simplify it, but to make it fairer.
    There you have it, the Democrats have what it takes to take what you have. What exactly is "fair" anyway? I thought fair meant "just and impartial." How exactly is it fair for the wealthy to pay a grossly "disproportionate" percentage of their income in taxes? Don't get me wrong, I'm neither rich nor do I object to those who have more contributing more - within reason - but I don't know how you can call that "fairness."
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 29, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Children in single-parent families, by Race - Comparisons by Topic

Maybe the "achievement gap" is related to the higher rate of single parent hood and the decline of the traditional nuclear family.

Note also the lowest rate is among Asians - now consider their general academic achievement. Of course Asians are not usually included in the "minority' category.

"what is the plan to stop and to protect these young people from" HIV/AIDS
    - abstinence is 100% effective way to prevent sexual transmission

are illegal immigrants paying income taxes?
    Do the Democrats understand that the income tax rates are "progressive"?
    What tax cut for the wealthy?

Grace and Peace
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Does anyone else find it curious that the Dems would hold their latest debate at Howard University, a historically black college, and whine about the Supreme Court's segregation decision?

And what do you make of this remark by Biden on the "inequities" between blacks and whites?

When asked "what is the plan to stop and to protect these young people from" HIV/AIDS, Edwards opened with this:

Is anyone besides me sick and tired of blacks being "disproportionately affected"? Just exactly why are they "disproportionately affected" by everything from dropout rates, to how many are in prison, to suffering from HIV/AIDS? Is it all the white man's fault?

Hillary's answer was this:

Oh puhleeeeze. Take it from a white guy who's daughter was diagnosed with AIDS 7 years ago, I don't care what color a person is and I don't think the researchers and doctors do either, there's already been a huge outcry in this country and the primary solution from the left has been to tell kids to keep having sex, distribute condoms and pass out needles. If you don't address the behavior you can't eliminate this preventable disease. And yes, Medicaid has paid for all of my daughter's treatment.

On taxes:

There you have it, the Democrats have what it takes to take what you have. What exactly is "fair" anyway? I thought fair meant "just and impartial." How exactly is it fair for the wealthy to pay a grossly "disproportionate" percentage of their income in taxes? Don't get me wrong, I'm neither rich nor do I object to those who have more contributing more - within reason - but I don't know how you can call that "fairness."
    It would be a giant step forward for people to look to the Black African Culture as contributing to the school child who starts already behind; rather than their unjust treatment in Early America.

As to the tax issue, there is no doubt the Aristocracy is still manipulating the Gentry and Peasant… there is of course no way to change it… their money controls the Laws and Economy.

As to the dems choosing that particular place… it's pure Politics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copy latest paystub [ 3 Answers ]

How do I obtain a copy of my latest paystub online. The company I work for is JEA Senior Living.

Keeping current with the spammers latest techniques [ 3 Answers ]

I use MailWasher to filter spam. I love it - and from a browsing of the various filtering apps, it seems they're still either the best or nearly the best... It's becoming increasingly hard to filter spam due to the crap they're peddling being put into an image, and either "Re" by itself or...

Latest mcafee security [ 1 Answers ]

When I run a scan with mcafee, I keep items detected in it like 20 items, 25, etc. I use to get 0 all the time with the old mcafee. Are these items detected viruses or cookies etc? Thanks guys. It seems I couldn't have that many viruses

Latest Movies [ 9 Answers ]

Hey can anyone tell about the latest movies coming out at the cinema! Thanks

View more questions Search