Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Where can I find my tax return records
    I have had this concern:

I am not sure if I got my tax return back last year from IRS? I wonder if they sent a piece of check back to me. I really can't remember, but I don't want to accuse them making mistake. So how do I check see if they have refunded me or not?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2007, 07:14 AM
    You mean in 2006 or 2007? Did you check your bank records for deposits? You should know what the amount was supposed to be.

Otherwise, try IRS.gov and see if there is a place there to inquire.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I pulled up my bank statements last year, it didn't show the tax return.
    So I want to make sure if they really returned it to me and what amount is it?( I lost my records I saved in my computerT.T)
    If they didn't by accident, what would you suggest me to solve the problem?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Call the IRS, you may have to go down to an office to prove you are you, but they should be able to check if a check was isseud and whether it was cashed or not.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 01:09 PM
    If you have a copy of your tax return for the year in question, a phone call to the IRS should be able to get you the required information.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert
    If you have a copy of your tax return for the year in question, a phone call to the IRS should be able to get you the required information.
    The thing is... I lost it... I wish I had it, now I can't even remember what was the amount of my 2006-2007 tax return.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Okay, call the IRS and explain your predicament. Once they establish your identity with SSN, they will let yo know what returns have been filed and what needs to be filed.

They can even send you a copy of your tax script at NO CHARGE, which is represent your tax records for each year in question.
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert
    Okay, call the IRS and explain your predicament. Once they establish your identity with SSN, they will let yo know what returns have been filed and what needs to be filed.

They can even send you a copy of your tax script at NO CHARGE, which is represent your tax records for each year in question.
    What is IRS no. then? I searched online, but it never went through, I wonder if I dialed it wrong or it has changed.
    Thanks
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 9, 2007, 07:02 AM
    1-800-829-1040

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax return for J2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am J1 researcher from India, and my wife is with me on a J2 visa. As per my profession, I was an "exempt" individual therefore could not claim my wife as my dependent. I filed 1040NR. My wife has not worked anytime in this period in US. Does she need to file a US tax return? Thanks Biju

MA tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I moved to MA in October 2006.. which MA tax form should I use to file my MA state tax return ?

Tax Return form and Tax Status-F1 to H1B [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Dear, I am Korean who grew up in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I am Korean citizen, but I hold Bolivia residency. I came to California on February 16, 2001 under B-1 visa. After 5 weeks, I went back to Santa Cruz, Bolivia in order to get F-1 visa. Then, in June 02, 2001 I came back to California...

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

Tax return [ 1 Answers ]

My Question Is About My IRS Refund I Owe Money To The Child Support Agency For My Ex-wife Now Me And My Current Wife Are Filing A Joint Return And Are Claiming Her 3 Children On The Return What Do I Do So The Child Support Agency Does Not Get Any Money From Are Return Thank You ...

View more questions Search