Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsusisking Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jun 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Are the Meisner, Stella Adler, and Strasburg techniques of acting-
    Pretty much one in the same? With some minor differences? I really need to know because I want to study Method acting and I need to find the right school in the San Fernando Valley. Were all these teachers and their schools part of the Method? Thanks all! :confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2007, 12:38 AM
    Maybe something that you find on the following site will be of help to you.

Another Country Productions - Diverse Voices in Theatre (Boston, MA) - Meisner Classes

A quote from the same site above:

About Meisner

In the 1930's, Stella Adler, Lee Strasburg and Sanford Meisner graduated from the Group Theater. Each developed his or her own method for teaching acting, based on the work of Konstantin Stanislavsky. The Meisner approach, centered on the famous repetition exercise, teaches actors how to “live truthfully under imaginary circumstances.” Both rigorous and profoundly simple, it is a technique designed to help actors discover new levels of authenticity and true emotion. It is a necessity in film work and in truly connected theater.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2007, 12:40 AM
    You also might find something informative and helpful on the following site:

Konstantin Stanislavsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brainstorming Techniques [ 6 Answers ]

My question is How can you narrow your topic to a single spoke or to a sub-hearder of a spoke on the map?

Brainstorming techniques [ 1 Answers ]

How can you narrow your topic to a single spoke or to a sub-header of a spoke on the map?

Separating techniques [ 1 Answers ]

How do u extract sucrose from sugarcane in crystallization?

Need Help Training our new Daschund Stella [ 3 Answers ]

We got a little daschund over the weekend. She is an adorable loving 12 week old puppy that has not been housetrained. We have her gated in a little space in the laundry room with her crate and paper for her to go to the bathroom. The problem I am encountering, we are out of the house for 12...

View more questions Search