Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesk541 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2005, 03:25 PM
    L.A. Angels
    Sirs:
    My question is about a member of MLB called Vladimir Guerrero.
    I understand that He is from the Dominican Republic. I was wondering who His parents were, as it seems to be an unusual first name for a Spanish speaking country! It sounds like a Russian name to me or maybe Eastern Europe , somewhere? Can You shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance,
    James Krol
    booyah Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jun 27, 2005, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesk541
    Sirs:
    My question is about a member of MLB called Vladimir Guerrero.
    I understand that He is from the Dominican Republic. I was wondering who His parents were, as it seems to be an unusual first name for a Spanish speaking country!? It sounds like a Russian name to me or maybe Eastern Europe , somewhere? Can You shed any light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance,
    James Krol
    His parents are both Dominican. There are two players named Vladimir in MLB, Guerrero and Nunez. Obviously, both are from Spanish-speaking countries. It's not a common name for Latinos, but it's not unheard of either. I'm quite certain it's more common in Russia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

City of Angels [ 9 Answers ]

I just wanted to know who has since the city of angels movie starring nicolas cage and meg ryan? I saw it when it originally came out and was indifferent to it, however I watched the movie before the super bowl and now I can't stop thinking of how great a movie it really was. I believe its one of...

What is this Song From Charlie's Angels? [ 11 Answers ]

When (Cameron Diaz) Natalie (Drew Barrymore) Dylan (Lucy Liu) Alex knows that (Sam Rockwell) Eric Knox is a tarater they went to his beach house or beach cave to rescue (Bill Murray) Bosley and to kill Eric Knox and in this scene Eric knox played a song on the Audio Player and start smoking and...

View more questions Search