Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robert13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 12:40 PM
    New pool water
    I just had pool filled with well water by water company and would like to know what I should do to chem my pool
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Chlorine shock as per the manufacturers instructions on the container based on the volume of water in your pool. Don't wait too long as the water will turn greeen in a hurry.

Cheers

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Take a water sample to your local pool chemical store for testing. They can easily determine what (if anything) you need to add. And it's free. Quite often new water will need corrections for factors such as pH and total alkalinity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water behind inground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, About 2 and 1/2 years ago we had a new inground vinyl pool liner professionally installed. Ever since then, when we go to open the pool in the spring--we find the liner bubbled up & out in most of the low end of the pool and on the sides of the deep end. We have to take a part of the liner...

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

Water behind the pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My pool company just opened my pool this week. There is a section of the liner that has water behind it. I was told that since there has been a lot of rain this year I need to add more dirt and mulch in some areas so that water can't get into the liner. They said that the water behind the...

Green pool water [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an 18 x 48 easy set pool about 3 weeks ago. Our well water has iron in it and when I added the chlorine it turned a very ugly brown and then murky green color! I have been to the pool supply, had my water tested, shocked, added metal out, vacuumed every day, and change my filter twice a...

Inground pool, automatic water level? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a new owner of a house with a pool, I have lots of question to ask, 1. I just filled the pool with well water, the water is kind of green. What is reason and what is cure? I added two container (4 gallons?) of 11% chlorine already. 2. Is there automatic water level indicator? I...

View more questions Search