Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    killamike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 10:59 AM
    When is the best time to sell the puppies
    When will I be able to sell the puppies my dog just had yesterday? How long do they have to be with the mama?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
    The best time for puppies to go to their new homes is 7-8 weeks, never before 6 weeks.

Almost any dog book quotes from the work of Scott and Pfaffenbuger and their studies of early socialization. Why are you breeding dogs when you haven't educated yourself on this and a thousand other important things needed to produce quality dogs? I don't see how anybody can be unaware or not care that we are slaughtering millions of dogs for lack of homes. There are several of us here so upset about it, we find it difficult to compose civil responses to questions sounding like somebody is part of the problem.
    It is tough to speak out on this issue without being rude.

You will find a short cut to some of what you need to know at Woodhaven Labradors Articles
    candy girl Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Definitely not before 6 weeks.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Even pure breed dogs get slaughtered everyday, for lack of homes. Labman is right how can a breeder that has not done their homework, be breeding for the good of the breed. Having AKC papers on a dog does not mean it should be breed. There are more ways in this world to make money. Using a dog to line ones wallet is inexcusable. Go on petfinder.com and see how many of the breed that your planning on selling is listed there. Also consult a vet on how to properly take care of puppies, when they should be weaned, what puppy food to start them on, when they should start eating solid food, vaccinations, parvo, worms, spaying /neutering, fleas, finding fit forever homes. There are many things that must be done for these helpless creatures before selling them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppies [ 6 Answers ]

my sister and I have been wanting a little maltese or a yorkie for about 2 months, and my mom doesn't care if we get one, but we r trying to convince him into getting a dog. does anyone know any good tips on how to convince parents into getting a dog?? also, does anyone know where to find...

Puppies and bones [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of real bones are safe to give to a puppy. Was always told to never give dogs chicken bones because they can choke on them. So, we gave our 13 week old puppy a spare rib bone and we think he ate the entire thing in about a half hour. Is this even possible, and how dangerous is it? We...

New mother to 5 puppies [ 1 Answers ]

Our dog gave birth to five lovely puppies yesterday, she coped excellently, but we are not sure what our next step should be, do we take her to the vet, she seems healthy and the pups are suckling well, when can she go out, should she be panting - she is drinking little but often is this normal,...

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?

Aggression in two puppies [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have two 10 week old puppies, brother and sister doxies. The past few days the little girl has been showing a lot of aggression towards her brother in their play. They love to rough house, which I know is normal, but just how much aggression is normal. Should I be letting them play...

View more questions Search