Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeep1995 Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Jul 18, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Oh and I wanted to say, if you don't send them someone else eventually will... dont miss your chance to welcome her back with love!
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 18, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Send the flowers with a card that says:

"Just a little something to brighten your home. Hope you had a great trip.

Love, tiodaat"

You wouldn't believe the power flowers have over a woman. No kidding.
    dreamguy Posts: 58, Reputation: 13
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Yes send the flowers. You have nothing to lose! If she does not come back it will be because she didn't want to in the first place not because you sent her flowers.

Sending her flowers will bring out her true feelings for you. The only reason she would see you as needy is if she didn't have any feelings anymore. If her feelings are still strong then she won't reject the flowers.

I sent flowers to my ex when we broke up before and she didn't think of it as needy. So do what you have to do. Just don't beg. It's her love for you that will bring her back to you whether you send her flowers or not.

As long as you are sending flowers to set up personal closure for yourself I see no harm in doing it. I'm going to do my part to put this site out of business. The reason this site continues to stay in business is because people have stopped trusting their own judgement and would rather enslave their minds to a bunch of faceless strangers on a message board to do their thinking for them.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Don't send the flowers. I don't see a point.

Your correct in your assessment of the cons. You look needy, desperate and unattractive and also come across as pushy!

If she misses you she doesn't need flowers to confirm it. That's a load of nonsense.

And I can assure you from experience that actions like this don't give you closure. They just leave you asking more questions. Questions like "i wonder if she got them?" "i wonder if they had an effect on her" "Why hasnt she called to thank me" etc etc.

Just leave it. If she misses you she will get in contact when she is good an ready. Flowers will push her further away!
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamguy
    Yes go ahead and send the flowers. You have nothing to lose! If she does not come back it will be because she didn't want to in the first place not because you sent her flowers.

Sending her flowers will bring out her true feelings for you. The only reason she would see you as needy is if she didn't have any feelings anymore. If her feelings are still strong then she won't reject the flowers.

I sent flowers to my ex when we broke up before and she didn't think of it as needy. So do what you have to do. Just don't beg. It's her love for you that will bring her back to you whether you send her flowers or not.

As long as you are sending flowers to set up personal closure for yourself I see no harm in doing it. I'm going to do my part to put this site out of business. The reason this site continues to stay in business is because people have stopped trusting their own judgement and would rather enslave their minds to a bunch of faceless strangers on a message board to do their thinking for them.
    True feelings aren't brought out by someone sending you flowers. If you need flowers to bring out true feelings then they aren't really true are they??

Stop bagging this site. If you don't like it fcuk off!!

Your helping no one by constantly bagging everyone who has a different opinion to you. Its OK to share you opposing point of view but stop running everyone else down who doesn't agree with you.
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    True feelings arent brought out by someone sending you flowers. If you need flowers to bring out true feelings then they arent really true are they???

Stop bagging this site. If you dont like it fcuk off!!!!

Your helping no one by constantly bagging everyone who has a different opinion to you. Its ok to share you opposing point of view but stop running everyone else down who doesnt agree with you.

I will do what the hell I want to do on this website. You are not in a position to tell me to leave this site! As long as I have access to this site from any computer I will stop at nothing to help put this site out of business!
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
    I will do what the hell I want to do on this website. You are not in a position to tell me to leave this site! As long as I have access to this site from any computer I will stop at nothing to help put this site out of business!
    Hahahahahaha

Well done tough guy.

Back to the OP!

I still think it is unwise to send the flowers to the ex. You were right in the assessment of cons! And you sure don't want to look a needy, desperate and pushy guy do you??
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Hahahahahaha

Well done tough guy.

Back to the OP!

I still think it is unwise to send the flowers to the ex. You were right in the assessment of cons! And you sure dont want to look a needy, desperate and pushy guy do you?????

Don't listen to anything skell says. His only agenda is to kick me around when I'm already down. That's how he makes himself look better in the eyes of other posters!
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:35 PM
    I think that's a good idea tiodaat.

You need to give yourself time to clear your head and get to know who you are again. No contact will allow this. And in a couple of months time you still feel the need to give her a call then you can reassess then. UUt until that point I would just continue living and worrying about your own life and not hers.

After all that is what she is doing.

P.S. Dreamy is a little upset today. Just ignore him. He gets like this when he hasn't taken his medication. Deep down he is a real cutie pie!

Jul 18, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Don't listen to anything skell says. His only agenda is to kick me around when I'm already down. That's how he makes himself look better in the eyes of other posters!

Seriously man, get over it. Maybe you should get out and find a new girl. You seem really pissed. Got sand in your panties today?

Well POSTER... I would like to add that you shouldn't listen to one person in particular (your friend) but listen to what everyone has to say. But ultimatley make up your own decision. That's what I did, everone told me to not call, but I made my own choice because only I know my situation. The emotional support here is awesome, albeit sometimes not what you want to hear.
    tiodaat Posts: 91, Reputation: 8

Jul 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep1995
    seriously man, get over it. maybe you should get out and find a new girl. you seem really pissed. got sand in your panties today?

well POSTER............i would like to add that you shouldnt listen to one person in particular (your friend) but listen to what everyone has to say. but ultimatley make up your own decision. thats what i did, everone told me to not call, but i made my own choice because only i know my situation. the emotional support here is awesome, albeit sometimes not what you want to hear.
    Thanks for your reply. My decision is all the more difficult, because I keep getting a lot of conflicting advice.

My mom says I shouldn't, my dad thinks I should. Some friends think I should, some don't, etc.

I realize I know my situation the best, but still feel lost in making this decision. She should know how much I care about her, and I really do not want to be seen as pushy/needy. That said, (and maybe it's just wishful thinking), I was hoping she would come to miss me some while out of the country, and the flowers would reinforce her feelings for me.
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep1995
    seriously man, get over it. maybe you should get out and find a new girl. you seem really pissed. got sand in your panties today?

well POSTER............i would like to add that you shouldnt listen to one person in particular (your friend) but listen to what everyone has to say. but ultimatley make up your own decision. thats what i did, everone told me to not call, but i made my own choice because only i know my situation. the emotional support here is awesome, albeit sometimes not what you want to hear.

The emotional support here is not awesome. My worst enemies exist on this site! I have not gotten anything positive out of this place. I don't really believe anyone here is sincere about helping others.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
    When it comes to the crunch I would listen to mom. After all she is a women isn't she and she would know best how another women would think.

Dad means well but at the end of the day he is like the rest of us hopeless romantic boys isn't he?

I still maintain that flowers won't make her miss you. If she does then she will call anyway!

Its up to you and you should trust your judgment but if you ask my opinion I would definitely go with mum! I have been in your shoes before and I know I made the wrong decision in sending the flowers. But that's just me isn't it!
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 06:45 PM
    The emotional support here is not awesome. My worst enemies exist on this site! I have not gotten anything positive out of this place. I don't really believe anyone here is sincere about helping others.
    If your worst enemies are here on this site then you really need to get a life.

You really make me laugh dreamypie!
    -

Jul 18, 2007, 06:46 PM
    When it comes to the crunch i would listen to mom. After all she is a women isnt she and she would know best how another women would think.

Dad means well but at the end of the day he is like the rest of us hopeless romantic boys isnt he?

I still maintain that flowers wont make her miss you. If she does then she will call anyway!

Its up to you and you should trust your judgment but if you ask my opinion i would definitely go with mum! I have been in your shoes before and i know i made the wrong decision in sending the flowers. But thats just me isnt it!

Sending flowers won't hurt his cause either. Again if she doesn't come back it will be because she didn't want to in the first place not because he sent flowers.

Jul 18, 2007, 06:48 PM
    When it comes to the crunch i would listen to mom. After all she is a women isnt she and she would know best how another women would think.

Dad means well but at the end of the day he is like the rest of us hopeless romantic boys isnt he?

I still maintain that flowers wont make her miss you. If she does then she will call anyway!

Its up to you and you should trust your judgment but if you ask my opinion i would definitely go with mum! I have been in your shoes before and i know i made the wrong decision in sending the flowers. But thats just me isnt it!
    Thanks again for replying.

You are right about my dad being the romantic, I guess. My he and my mom broke up for about a month before getting back together and eventually married--I guess he is probably basing his advice on how he went after my mom, so to speak, to win her back.

As of now, I am definitely leaning toward not sending them. I still really, deeply care for her, though and feel like I should do something. Then again, maybe doing nothing is the best thing that I can do for the time being.

Jul 18, 2007, 06:51 PM

What do you expect when you do nothing but tell people their advice sucks.

Oh and seriously man, your worst enemies? W t f? This is only a message board man. If you don't like it don't read it dude... its that simple.

Jul 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiodaat
    Thanks again for replying.

You are right about my dad being the romantic, I guess. My he and my mom broke up for about a month before getting back together and eventually married--I guess he is probably basing his advice on how he went after my mom, so to speak, to win her back.

As of now, I am definitely leaning toward not sending them. I still really, deeply care for her, though and feel like I should do something. Then again, maybe doing nothing is the best thing that I can do for the time being.

Yes I think that at the least a phone call would suffice. She will no doubt be glad to hear that you were thinking about her. Flowers may be a bit too much, I say though the flowers are not going to drive her away if she already wasn't coming back. If she isn't then she knows it. But at least if you do care, and it sounds like you do care a lot for her, then at least ask her how the trip was.
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Jul 18, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Did she say why she wanted to break up? I think that this might help all of us give you the correct answer for the situation.

Jul 18, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by modular01
    Did she say why she wanted to break up? I think that this might help all of us give you the correct answer for the situation.
    She said she was confused about what, if anything, she wanted right now.

I have since heard that she told a good friend something along the lines of "it's not that I don't like him, it's just that I didn't see our relationship going anywhere."

From my own thoughts on the subject, I think it was a combination of things that ultimately lead to her losing her initial attraction in me.

First of all, she went to Europe for three weeks with a good (girl) friend of hers. I was in between school and summer employment, and found myself missing her a great deal. While we sent equally musy emails, so to speak, talking about how much we missed each other, I think while she was keeping busy, I was just kind of sitting around, wanting to be with her.

She came back, but had to head home for 4-5 days. So, in the last month that we dated, I barely saw her.

That said, just a few days prior to our breakup, she was complaining about not seeing me enough, and was asking for a set of keys to my apartment.

I also told her that I loved her (about 2 weeks for the breakup). She smiled, held me closer and kissed me, saying she was happy to hear it, but did not say it back. The next day, she said she wanted to make sure that it meant something when she said it.

So, in sum, I think the dynamic of our relationship changed with the advent of summer, her trip (first time out of the country), me telling her that I loved her, and me (probably) being perceived as somewhat needy/clingy.

Let me know if I can add any more useful information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Little mistake [ 2 Answers ]

So I've been single for a while. My best friend leanne and a really good guy trevor started datin so I'm always the third wheel around them. Jake told one of his good friends(brynn) to hook up with me not serioulsy but we were all hangin out one night and I found out that I really like him. The...

Is this a mistake? [ 5 Answers ]

If somesome suffered from miscarrige, is it something that the person should keep it discreet and only tell people who are close? I suffered from one recently, and I work with a group of people where except one all of them all are man, and I first told my manager who is female about my condition,...

Mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I used your site a lot over the years with great success so thought I would try again. I have just made a big mistake and now I am suffering. My daughter asked me to find her a program to change the login screen on her PC and change her styles etc. I found a program called...

View more questions Search