Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eglashy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Why my daughter hates me?
    My daughter always tells me that she hates me when she gets mad.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 09:21 PM
    How old is she? If she's 3, I wouldn't worry. If she's 33, what's going on?
    SoonToBeMumOf5 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Depends on age... as wonder girl said from younger to 18ish its very normal but if she's older then their would be an actual reason
    justamom Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Oh, that's so sad. I hate to hear kids say "hate" to their family members. It's hard to express an opinion without more info, though. How old is she? How often does this happen (literally every time she gets mad, or just at certain times)? Does she have other behavioral issues or problems? Is she an angry child (assuming she's a child and not an adult daughter)?

Answers to those questions would probably be helpful.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 12, 2007, 09:18 PM
    If my mother had a dollar for every time I told her I hated her when I was growing up, she could have retired before I graduated high school.

When a girl under 18 says "I hate you!" it means you are doing something that she will one day thank you for.

Now, if she's an adult living on her own, then I can't help you there.
    justamom Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Wow, I really disagree, GoldieMae (respectfully, of course). All of the kids I know now or knew growing up who told their parents they hated them... they all had strained relationships and disfunctional families. Maybe my experience is different from others?

I never said that to my Mom. Neither of my kids has ever said it to me. My son said it to my daughter once, and I dropped everything to go address what was bothering him, because that was such a HUGE deal in our home that he would say that. It only happened once.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 12, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Sometimes it's just plain old fashioned teen rebellion. I have a very close relationship with my mother but was a bit of a handful before I turned 18. I wasn't a bad kid (high honors student, never in trouble, etc.) just very strong willed. My mom was also strong willed and didn't let me take advantage of her. It is as simple as that. Hardly dysfunctional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Daughter hates me! [ 16 Answers ]

I have been living with my Mom since the birth of my daughter (who's now 20 months). Her Dad left for a job abroad when she was only 6 months old. She has become very attached to my Mom (her granny), and doesn't want to leave her even for a sec. Moreover we have a whole army of servants and...

My daughter hates me because I smoke [ 7 Answers ]

My nineteen year old daughter told me she "pretty much hates me" because I smoke. Also, I tried to commit suicide 4 years ago, and she told me she hasn't trusted me since then. How can I make things better between us?

My 22 year old daughter hates me [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 22 year old daughter that hates me. She was asked to move out of our home after she was repeatedly disrespectful and rude. She is dating a guy who is no good for her. He is 19 and a high school drop out. She lies continually about her family. She sells the gifts that I have given her. It...

3 yr. Old daughter hates Dad [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 3yrs. We have 4 children (3 from her previous marriage and one together). The youngest (my daughter) is 3. My wife and I have had a pretty tumultuous relationship... up and down. I was very strict and not very loving toward my daughter since we had her. And...

View more questions Search