Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keshasmith123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Getting married without a wedding
    I want to get married but we can't afford a wedding can we still get married without a wedding? What do I have to do?
    jeremy4719 Posts: 136, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Wow... I'm assuming you are around 16 or so? Of course you can get married without a wedding... Court house, Vegas, etc..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Go to your local courthouse. Get married by a justice of the peace.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Yes, courthouse is the way to go. Two witnesses. Not a major investment for dollars but it is fully legal. You will need a marriage license, you get that from the clerk of court - before the marriage. Also check the state laws on whether blood tests are required.
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Jun 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I agree with everyone's answers.

Good Luck :)
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 29, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Hello.

Its not where you get married or how much money you spend that counts, its why your getting married that makes the difference. You can always have a nice wedding at 5 years or 10 years. You can buy a better or bigger ring but nothing can change the outcome of a wedding done for the wrong reason.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Technically, "getting married" is nothing more than you, your betrothed and two adult witnesses (traditionally the "best man" and "maid/matron of honor")signing your marriage license, after clearing all of the other legal formalities. You can have whatever ceremony you want, however simple or elaborate, performed by anyone legally authorized to oversee a marriage ; clergyman, judge, mayor, ship's captain (if aboard his vessel.) It can be done literally anywhere ; church, someone's living room, on the beach. You can do whatever you want and however you want. You can celebrate afterwards however you want, frugally or extravagantly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 04:39 PM
    I have for a long time laughed and argued the point, during the "wedding" service, the preacher pronouces them man and wife, but legally nope, the legal time they are married is when the preacher actually signs the certificate.

But as for as the person who does it, judge or minister, most court houses have lists of preachers who will marry you at the court house, in the preachers home, or in your home, or in the auto section of walmart if you want it. I get calls often for people wanting to be married

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

Married at the courthouse - then still have BIG wedding? [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter who is 22 decided to get married at the courthouse (May 11) all of a sudden. She never told me or my family and I found out the next day when we went to take her out to dinner for her birthday that they had gotten married the day before at 10:00 in the morning. Now her grandparents...

Tell me if this is OK for a wedding [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! OK so the wedding party is tomorrow. My brother in law is getting married. I will not go to the ceramony cause I'm not allowed in the temple because I'm not a member of their religion. But I will be attending the reception. I don't like dresses or skirts. Tell me if this would be nice to...

Getting married at courthouse/church wedding [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has decided to marry her soilder at the courthouse so she is able to go to germany with him on his orders can she still have a church ceremony without it being wrong

View more questions Search