Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloveress Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Sand in pool
    My above ground pool always seems to have a sandlike substance in the bottom of the pool. I am using a sand filter for my pool... and my chlorine and ph levels are all fine.I keeps cleaning up the bottom.. and the next day it's back again. What can I do to get rid of it?:confused:
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
    It sounds like you may have a broken lateral in your filter. Check to see if the sand is being deposited into your pool in a straight line in front of the returns.

To fix you will need to open the filter, remove sand using a good quality wet/dry shop vac and remove the broken lateral. You need to replace the lateral with the correct replacement lateral for your make and model of filter. The laterals sit horizontally near the bottom of the filter and looks like fingers shooting off the main pipe running vertically in your filter.

If you are not comfortable with this diagnosis and repair, this should be a relatively low cost repair from a service company.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fill Sand vs. Paver Sand [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a difference in "Fill Sand" vs. "Paver Sand"? When quoting prices for laying a patio, I'm finding that Paver sand is about 10 times the price. Will Fill sand be sufficient if packed well and laid thick enough?

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

Removal of Sand from old pool [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed my above ground pool and had a landscaper give me an estimate to fill the hole where pool was. He claims I do not have to remove the sand. Can someone tell Me if this is the right thing to do. Thanks, Janet

View more questions Search