Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    don m Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 11:05 AM
    2000 nissan altima a/c
    The a/c compressor clutch will only engage when the radiator cooling fans come on, and disengages when the cooling fans go off. When the a/c clutch engages, the air is nice and cool.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Do you mean A/C Condenser Fan, not radiator cooling fan? I would begin by checking out the Compressor Clutch Relay, which is often located on a bracket next to the Condenser Fan Relay. Review wiring.

Jun 27, 2007, 12:16 PM
    It's not the relay.when the 2 cooling fans mounted on the radiator come on,the compressor clutch will energize and the a/c will work.when the 2 fans go off, the clutch de-energizes.I've switched the relays and still have the same problem.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 04:11 PM
    I think you have a normal operatiing system. On toyota's the fans work that way. I think you have a charge problem or some other issues.

Jul 2, 2007, 04:34 AM
    I think my problem might be the thermal control amplifier mounted in the evaporator/heater box.I've ordered another one online(BuyNissanParts.com)I'll let you know if this fixes it.
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2007, 02:10 AM
    The thermo control amp could well be your problem, on the 2000 Altima it is located
    Inside the car down near the passenger side floor kick panel. Very easy to access.Just had mine replaced. Even if it was in the heater box you would have to tear half the dash out to access the heater/evap box.

Jul 3, 2007, 04:33 AM
    It is in the heater/evap box.I just had to remove the glove box for access.it took about 20 minutes and I had it out.the new one cost me $38 with shipping.(BuyNissanParts.com)when I get it,I'll let everyone know if this really was the problem.my thanks to everyone who has responded to my problem.
    lindelc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I have a 2002 Frontier V6 automatic with 74000 miles and had intermittent AC problems after replacing the AC compressor and bad high pressure hose. The AC would work fine for short periods then nothing. Living in Florida, I needed to find a fix for my AC problem. The solution was hard to find. But I had to replace the thermal control amplifier (NissanParts.cc) which is located in the wiring harness behind the glove box. Part costs about $30 and it took about 15 minutes to install it. Now my AC works great.:)

Jul 14, 2007, 03:22 PM
    I changed the thermal control amplifier and the a/c now works! GREAT!! Iwould like to thank EVERYBODY who responded to my request for help.it's good to know there are people out there willing to take the time to help a stranger THANKS AGAIN--DON M
    HotasHec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Mr. Don M

I have the same issue & never got to it. I attempted to purchase on NissanParts/Buy NissanParts but was unable to find "Thermal Control amplifier", sorry for my Ignorancy in car parts but is there another name I should be looking for? I will greatly appreciate it!
    thainsworth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 12:33 PM
    I'm told this is the part.

NissanParts.cc - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories

It is available at Nissan Dealers for about $50.

I'm in the process of resolving this same issue with a 2000 Altima also.
    thainsworth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Let's try it again. This is the part #, 27675-9z000

I put in the url but it did not display correctly.

---->>nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=27675-9z000
    RasheedCamp Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 10, 2011, 07:22 AM
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214041&Sec tionids=0,51825&groupid=4712&subgroupid=17545&comp onentid=&make=25&model=Altima&year=2001&graphicID= 3792065&callout=12&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0 there is the link

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan altima [ 4 Answers ]

The "service engine soon" light came on my 2001 nissan Altima without any warning. The car drives great. What Can be causing the light to come on?

Nissan Altima 2000 [ 0 Answers ]

My car (automatic transmission) has two problems - 1. it could never shift to the 5th gear until a couple of miles since start up every morning... I took it to NTB to clean and change all the fluid - no effect... 2. the light of the dash board sometimes turn off by itself... Can anyone...

View more questions Search