Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Sore gums
    After flossing, one of my gums became sore and a little puffy/bigger. What could that mean?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Typically it means you don't floss enough, but it could also be that you were a little rougher on that area.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
    I agree with alkalineangel. Rinse with some warm water and salt.
    Floss every day for 10 days and you should see no more bleeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cyst on my gums [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I noticed that my gums were feeling kind of "mushy" for lack of better term. By Sunday night to the left of my front tooth my gums were extremely red, and there was a visible bump. Monday morning the "bump" was big enough that I can feel it past the base of my nose and as wide as the...

Headaches and sore gums? [ 17 Answers ]

I've been having really bad headaches for the past couple days, and my gums have also been extremely sensitive for some reason. I was wondering if those could be just added symptoms of pregnancy?

Brown Gums? Is there no hope? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an african american girl and my gums have turned dark in a few areas around the gumline because I was a smoker. Now that I have quit I am wondering if there is anything I can do to restore them to a healthy pink color or am I doomed to have dark gum spots forever? I never heard of gum...

Sore Gums [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I had my tooth extracted everything was fine I tried not to eat on that side of my mouth. Then this Saturdays I brushed my teeth and I must of brushed to hard cause the area where the tooth was extracted from bleed a little on my tooth brush since then my tooth as not stop...

Painful gums [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know if I have gengevitis? I have a sore in my upper right gum and its really red all around it and it hurts no matter what I'm doing, also the tooth under the sore hurts really bad?

View more questions Search