Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsansbury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 05:20 AM
    Kenmore Ultra wash blinking light
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 7 years old. About 3 days ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock but it did nothing. I can push the cancel/drain button and that only causes them both to blink. I have tried cutting the power to reset, nada, nothing. I have left the door open for about 30minutes and that caused the lock light to not blink but remain on - no other buttons were functioning during the solid/lock time. When I tried unlocking it by pushing the no heat/unlock button it starts blinking again. I left the door open over night and was able to start a load but halfway through the cycle it froze and the lock button began blinking again. Thanks for your help in solving this mystery.
    haroldlthomas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bsansbury
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher that is approximately 7 years old. About 3 days ago the lock light started blinking. I held the No Heat button for 4 seconds to unlock but it did nothing. I can push the cancel/drain button and that only causes them both to blink. I have tried cutting the power to reset, nada, nothing. I have left the door open for about 30minutes and that caused the lock light to not blink but remain on - no other buttons were functioning during the solid/lock time. When I tried unlocking it by pushing the no heat/unlock button it starts blinking again. I left the door open over night and was able to start a load but halfway through the cycle it froze and the lock button began blinking again. Thanks for your help in solving this mystery.
    I had the same problem. You need to replace the front console with all the buttons on it. It is one piece and about 120 from Sears. I would also replace the vent in the door for another $7. It takes about 15 minutes if you have the correct size torx screwdriver. Take off the inside cover, remove the circuit board, jiggle the console out, put the new one in and you are all set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset [ 110 Answers ]

We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Blinking 'normal wash' light on kenmore dishwasher 665.17363301 [ 7 Answers ]

Model #: 665.17363301 This morning the 'normal wash' light started blinking and the dishwasher will not respond. I've turned the power off and on and it returns to the blinking light. The only other button that does anything (though not consistently) is the 'cancel/drain' button that when pushed...

Kenmore Ultra Wash [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore ultra washer and the water spinner that hooks on the upper chamber, where you put the dishes fell off. I tried to put it back on but was unable to. Is there a tool I need or do I need to get a repair man? Please let me know. Thank You

View more questions Search