Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Health insurance - will current employer cover surgery?
    Hello,

This question may seem silly, but I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I am going to have surgery to repair a torn acl. The surgery is probably going to occur on July 18th. My final day of employment at my current job could be July 27th.
    I am assuming that my current employer's health insurance will cover the surgery?

I'm asking this question because I didn't know if there was a "lag" in processing all the paperwork and insurance. My fear would be that I would have surgery on July 18th and my final day of employment would be on July 27th. However, the insurance and paperwork would not get processed until after July 27 (my last day at my current employer). When the insurance/paperwork would get processed (after July 27) it would show me as no longer being insured under my current employer and they wouldn't pay for the surgery.

Thanks for your help,
    Brian
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 03:46 AM
    To be on the safe side, why don't you ask your insurance provider this question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you locate someone's current employer? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex moved out of state and claims to be unemployed to avoid his child support obligations. How do you go about finding someone's current employer? I have been unable to get a response from my state's office of child support.

Insurance to Cover Infertility Treatments [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a health insurance that covers infertility treatments in WV. Please let me know. Thanks :)

What is the current rate of insurance company [ 2 Answers ]

Can enybody help me how find current rate of insurance companies. Like company name: bajaj alliance, icici-lumbardiny, birla sun life insurance etc. vilas

Will Insurance Cover In My State? [ 1 Answers ]

I am contemplating taking a job in VA. However, I live in WV. Will the new company's plan (Blue Cross) be accepted at the physicians we use here in WV? Thanks for any input.

View more questions Search