Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fsatatkid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
    My First Burmese Python
    This is my first time ever owning a burm. Her name is Pandora she is still an albino burmese python and still a hatching right now. I have owned a Red tailed boa and loved her dearly. My question is this-- For my boa I used sand with a heating pad underneath for bedding and she seemed generally pleased with this. In the book I have for my Burm it suggests using a cypress or fir bedding. Is there any reason I could not use sand with Pandora as well? Also, I am about to build an enclosure to house her for (hopefully) a few years. The plan I have is 10 feet long by 5 feet wide by 5 feet tall. How long will it take her to out grow this? Please Please Please answer promptly, I have her on paper towels in a 10 gallon aquarium right now, and I know that's not going to last long.

--Kyle
    (937)245-9821
    [email protected]

Any tips, suggestions or comments feel free to call or email me, I'm always eager to speak with someone with more experience.
    PenguinIncognito Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fsatatkid
    This is my first time ever owning a burm. Her name is Pandora she is still an albino burmese python and still a hatching right now. I have owned a Red tailed boa and loved her dearly. My question is this-- For my boa I used sand with a heating pad underneath for bedding and she seemed generally pleased with this. In the book I have for my Burm it suggests using a cypress or fir bedding. Is there any reason I could not use sand with Pandora as well? Also, I am about to build an enclosure to house her for (hopefully) a few years. The plan I have is 10 feet long by 5 feet wide by 5 feet tall. How long will it take her to out grow this? Please Please Please answer promptly, I have her on paper towels in a 10 gallon aquarium right now, and I know thats not going to last long.

--Kyle
    (937)245-9821
    [email protected]

Any tips, suggestions or comments feel free to call or email me, I'm always eager to speak with someone with more experience.
    Since you posted this a long time ago I don't know if you'll read this. Burms need the cypress or fir bedding because they need a substrate that retains moisture. Without the moisture (you'll need to mist the cage about 1-2 times a day) the humidity level cannot stay at the proper levels. Without the right humidity, most snakes become much more susceptible to upper respiratory infections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Python [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find programming homeworks for Python?

View more questions Search