Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indra Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2007, 09:56 PM
    What would this look like?
    I'm just wondering to what you guys would think if you saw a 16yr old girl walking around with 1-3 guys in their 30's..?
    Like walking around town, in the city, going shopping, looking/trying on clothes, eating lunch together, sitting around in cafes, going into pubs, or just driving around?

I completely don't care what you guys think, I'm just curious that's all :D
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2007, 10:13 PM
    "I'm just wondering to what you guys would think..." and "I completely don't care what you guys think..."

Am I missing something here?
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 26, 2007, 11:48 PM
    First off, I wouldn't be able to tell their exact age just by looking at them. If it was obvious and she was with more then one man that looked way older then her, I would be a bit concerned. I wouldn't do anything about it though, I would just wonder. If it was with one man in their 30s I might think she was out with her father for the day or something.

But this is my opinion, just like you asked.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 12:13 AM
    My opinion would probably be she was out with brothers/ uncles. I would probably thing they were (at least one of them) related. But this is because that would be the most likely explanation for myself - and people tend to view the world from their own set of experiences.

However if they are just friends its not as bad as some people assume - I have had lots of friends who when they were your age had male friends of a similar age. Although they did tend to have met through older siblings.

Hope this helps.
    Indra Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2007, 03:28 AM
    "I completely don't care what you guys think..."
    By that I mean I wouldn't be offended by anything anyone says :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 05:14 AM
    I would think she was a young ho, who used older men to get what she wants.
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Jun 27, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Don't put all the negativity on the young female. What about the pedophiles she's hanging out with??
    What 30 year old male would want to chill with a 16 year old female? Unless they're relatives, there's no sane and good reason. They can't associate with females their own age then something's wrong with them.
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Many cultures allow for the men to pursue young females, but the OP has said 1 to 3 older men, and yes I will admit to being harsh. 16 is too young for a female to be courted by a 30 year old.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Sounds like she is interviewing sugar-daddies.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 06:39 AM
    In my opinion it actually depends on the type of person your (or the if its not your child) is, and what type of men they are. When I was 14 I used to hang out with men that were 28 or around that age. I went to movies, the mall and other places with them but none of it was sexual. I am now 20 and I still hang out with men (and women) who are in their 30's, 40's and 50's. When I was growing up (and still to this day) I found that I have a hard time communicating with people my own age, I find them irresponsible and idiotic most of the time. Maybe she just thinks that she cannot get along with others her own age. Even my cousins and friends spend most of their time around older people.
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Jun 27, 2007, 07:18 AM
    What d jail you talking about . I doh understand wah you trying to say
    alexis_2009_detroit Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Are you talking about yourself
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 9, 2007, 11:18 PM
    That's just creepy. So what do you like about these guys? Are they buying you stuff? What do they give you in return? (Besides the obvious, of course... ).
    watdoidonow Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:22 PM
    I would probably think that the guys she was with were big losers and couldn't get anything from the girls their own age so they have to go for younger ones. But hey that's just my opinion
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jul 10, 2007, 05:46 AM
    1-3 guys in their 30s?

The one who seems to be the oldest must be the father. Let's say he's 36 or older.

The other one is the uncle (dad's younger brother) and the one who seems to be the youngest must be the other uncle (mom's brother), assuming that Mom is a bit younger than Dad and Mom and Dad became parents at a relatively young age.

It must be a family get-together :D... without Mom, of course.
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Jul 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
    For J_9 does it matter if my words are in the dictionary or not. Once they get the message that's all that counts. Let me put it this way. What d jail means that we are uncertain of the validity of the comments just introduced. On that note if you make a logical analysis of my statements then you are able to deduce and interpret the contents of my answer. So the questions that was posted can not have a defined answer as inadequate details are provided. We can infer that she may be talking about herself. But I can't answer the questions as I needed to seek further clarifications on what the purpose of the question was.

Got it J_9...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
    If there's something fishy going on, the responsibility lies only with the adults, not the underage person, not matter how "provocative" she is. That's often a pedophile's excuse, "She teased me and tempted me."
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Persad
    wat d jail u talkin bout . I doh understand wah u trying to say
    In the USA it is frowned on for older men to be messing with a teenager and according to state law it may be considered a crime. This may not be the case else where.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search