Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acheybreakyheart Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Smoking and Drinking,I am really depressed n helpless
    Hi,

My boy friend had promised me when we got into a relationship that he will quit smoking.He did quit smoking for 3 months.I was fine with him having a occasional drink socially and told him so.

But recently due to some issues in business... its been almost 2- 3 months now he drinks every day and smokes like more than 10 ciggarets.When I ask him he says its because of tensions and he will stop it in some weeks.

Looks like he is getting addicted more and more, and I wonder if he will ever be able to come out of it.Please please please let me know if there is a way out or what could I possibly do,I have spoken to him all possible things about this issue... But he goes on giving excuses as to he will quit in a week ,in 10 daye,. etc... what can I do... Please help me..! :(
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Jun 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
    1. Constantly telling him to quit will not make him quit.

2. You need to give him support and stand by him, if you truly love him.

3. He is the only one that can decide when to quit and he is going to need will power to do so, that's when he will need you for support.

Good luck
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Jun 27, 2007, 07:08 AM
    You're welcome.
    starlite Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Why don't you try campral?
    Campral is a medication that helps people stay alcohol-free in combination with counseling or support groups once they have stopped drinking and makes it easier for people not to drink.
    Campral helps reduce the physical distress and emotional discomfort (e.g. sweating, anxiety, sleep disturbances) associated with staying alcohol-free. Many people have been able to quit drinking by the support of counseling along with campral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking and drinking [ 2 Answers ]

All of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. I'm always around them and I can't stand the smell of smoke. I do I get them to stop amoking and drinking?:confused:

Smoking and drinking [ 4 Answers ]

All of my siblings and my parents smoke and drink. I'm always around them and I can't stand the smell of smoke. How do I get them to stop smoking and drinking?:confused:

Dumped and Feeling Helpless [ 2 Answers ]

So I am a gay male and my exboyfriend and I were engaged for about 3 months and he then dumped me on Friday night. I feel so empty and need help to heal my heart. It aches when I try to sleep and then I can't sleep. I can't eat without getting sick and everywhere I go I am reminded about him....

Feeling helpless... again [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I will try to make this as short as possible. I am a 39 year old married mom of 4 children ages 10, 13, 17, and 20. The 20 year old recently moved out. Here is my story: Last April I found out my husband of 14 years was cheating on me. We separated (he left me). I begged him to...

Feeling helpless with visitation issues :( please help [ 4 Answers ]

This is awkward and personal (brutaly honest and hard to talk about) but I don't know where to turn. I lost custody of my son 8yrs ago due to alcoholism problems. I have now been sober for 8 YEARS! Went to college, did everything I could do to turn my life around which I have done successfully. I...

View more questions Search