Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wolfeboro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Hampton Bay track light - pendant light cord length
    How can I shorten the length of the light cord on a Hampton Bay track system ?

There is a tube that plugs into the track that has a serries of screws but there is also a screw at the light base also.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Don't know about that model. Would take one apart, you will know if you can.
    Various strain reliefs, and they need to continue working after modification.
    Leave no sharp edges or burrs.
    wfwilsonii Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 01:14 PM

I have the same. Take the base off the track and unscrew the bottom. (No screws, it is the plastic piece that unscrews) Pull out the wire and there is a white plastic stop the wire runs through. There is a piece with a arrow pointing up to open, open it. Your wire will come loose and you can adjust the length. You may need to cut the wire above the plastic piece because there is little room for excess wiring. Strip the wire ends, remove the orange wire nuts and twist the new end to the transformer wires and replace the nuts, the white plastic stop and screw the bottom back on. You should be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Lighting - Upper Light Does Not Work But Low Light Does [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Fan that has a fan, upper lighting and lower lighting with a remote model UC7078T. The remote works for the fan and lower lighting but not the upper lighting. This means the remote and fan are on the same frequency. I've confirmed that the bulbs are all good. Can't find a...

Hampton bay 7 light Track system... Nothing Works [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I installed a track light about a year ago and it has worked for that time. A few weeks ago everything failed on it. None of the lights work. I took it apart and tested the main power coming into the light, from the breaker, it tested out okay. Insdide the fixture is a transformer and...

Joining 2 Hampton Bay Track Light Kits [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought 2 Hampton Bay track light kits which included a "straight connector" piece, which is supposed to be used for joining 2 fixtures together. The connector piece does not just attach the fixture housing, but actually does connect electrically. There is no mention of this in the...

Hampton Bay track light warranty [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought Hampton Bay tracklight kits from Homedepot; I could not find product warranty on the instrution menu, and the staff from Homedepot do not know either. Do you know any of these tracklight warranty?

Hampton Bay Track Head light [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a Condo that has a Hampton Bay Track Head and one of the lights is not working. How do I remove the light to replace it?

View more questions Search