Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jun 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Hm...how? I don't know how to flirt...^^ I feel it's bad to flirt,,,just can't do it.
    I mentioned like " you look nice with the shirt"...:P what would u suggest me to do?
    Thank you!:)
    Yes, I would think you are interested in me if you said that or when talking a quick touch to his hand after he has said something funny. Because if I don't get that feeling she's interested I won't call again. You may won't to pick up a book about flirting or when a woman is into a man etc.(Don't no names of books but stuff like that)
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
    well... I asked one of them if he was interested in a relationship after the first date, he said his life was in transition,blah,blah... would rather stay as friends... ^^
    he still writes to me and say I am wonderful, beautiful... geez, I am confused
    Should I say more to him?
    Thank you SAB123~
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
    OF course there are all sorts of varoius guys. So you need to find and decide what type of guy you are looking for. I believe in finding and becoming good friends first. For example my wife and I meet on the internet, we chatted for about 3 months before ever meeting.

Jun 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
    well...I asked one of them if he was interested in a relationship after the first date, he said his life was in transition,blah,blah...would rather stay as friends...^^
    he still writes to me and say I am wonderful, beautiful...geez, I am confused
    Should I say more to him?
    Thank you SAB123~
    Yes, be friends with him, because he probably has single friends too. Who no's you guys become friends and maybe one day you'll fall in love. Another thing do you tell the guys no sex before marrige. Im sorry to say but most guys won't wait until their married.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Thank you, but yea, I am pretty sure they can tell that I am against it. Ppl know me know that I am a tradiational, good asian girl. And my friends all know that and I am well known on campus as a moral person. ^^. I think my future husband will appreciate I keep it for him! U think so? As a man...
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
    what is a vibe please? SAB123 ^^
    All those brains and you don't know what a vibe is? Hmm... :p

Well, first off--most guys are not put off by intelligence. There are some, I'm sure, who'd be either intimidated or bothered by it, but I highly doubt most are. GIRLS don't like intelligent guys. They prefer meatheads. Doesn't work vice versa.

That said, looks get you the audition, personality gets you the part. If you think you have the looks part covered, then something's wrong with your personality. As has been said, I doubt you rattle off your qualifications whenever you meet someone, so I'm guessing something about you is off-putting. Are you quiet when you go out with a guy? Do you have a hard time answering questions? Sometimes shyness or a lack of communication is taken as snobbery and that DEFINITELY is a turn-off.

Also, your devotion to celibacy before marriage is, in this day and age, going to rule out a HUGE percentage of guys. Do you mention this on the first date? It may be the reason you don't get second dates. NOT SAYING you should start having sex just because of it, but I strongly believe the majority of men in today's sexually liberal society expect sex before marriage.

Anyway, again, my point is that your qualifications aren't going to get you a guy: your personality, however, will. Why do you think there are so many religious studies girls out with all the guys you wish you could get?

Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Well, english is my second language, so I don't know what is "vibe"... :P
    But howcome they can't wait until marriage... if they don't put up with my intelligence, how about my beauty and morality?
    Sigh...
    Kattalover Posts: 120, Reputation: 20

Jun 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
    You list several impressive accomplishments and positions, but what do you do just for fun? What are your interests or hobbies outside of accounting and engineering?
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by huno
    All those brains and you don't know what a vibe is?! Hmm... :p

Well, first off--most guys are not put off by intelligence. There are some, I'm sure, who'd be either intimidated or bothered by it, but I highly doubt most are. GIRLS don't like intelligent guys. They prefer meatheads. Doesn't work vice versa.

That said, looks get you the audition, personality gets you the part. If you think you have the looks part covered, then something's wrong with your personality. As has been said, I doubt you rattle off your qualifications whenever you meet someone, so I'm guessing something about you is off-putting. Are you quiet when you go out with a guy? Do you have a hard time answering questions? Sometimes shyness or a lack of communication is taken as snobbery and that DEFINITELY is a turn-off.

Also, your devotion to celibacy before marriage is, in this day and age, going to rule out a HUGE percentage of guys. Do you mention this on the first date? It may be the reason you don't get second dates. NOT SAYING you should start having sex just because of it, but I strongly believe the majority of men in today's sexually liberal society expect sex before marriage.

Anyway, again, my point is that your qualifications aren't going to get you a guy: your personality, however, will. Why do you think there are so many religious studies girls out with all the guys you wish you could get?

Good luck!
    Well, english is my second language, so I don't know what is "vibe"... :P
    But howcome they can't wait until marriage... if they don't put up with my intelligence, how about my beauty and morality?
    Sigh...
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattalover
    You list several impressive accomplishments and positions, but what do you do just for fun? What are your interests or hobbies outside of accounting and engineering?
    I cook, bake,volunteer and organize student activities on campus. Watch movies with my girl friends and just hang out with my girls... I don't drink , smoke, party at all... but I do like to meet new people

Jun 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Yes, I believe he will appreciate it, and as huno asked are you a shy person, because that will turn off a guy. I went on date with girl I did all the talking the hole night. And didn't ask for second date. Saw her a couple of weeks later and she said how come I didn't want to go out again and told her you didn't talk. She begged for another date but said no thanks. You may want to go to church or check out churchfriend finder to find people with morals.

Jun 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Well, english is my second language, so I don't know what is "vibe"...:P
    but howcome they can't wait til marriage...if they don't put up with my intelligence, how about my beauty and morality?
    Sigh...
    Well...

1) What kinds of guys are you going after? Do you meet them in libraries, the Accounting Club, and the Engineering Society, or by the keg+ at the frat*?

2) This is America--this country is just coming off the 1960s, where sex was not just everywhere, it was damn-near a commodity! I think Newsweek just published an article about this.

Now, I have a Taiwanese female friend--also very bright, and looks great in tight jeans (people who've read my posts will notice a trend here... :D)--she dates guys exclusively from Taiwan. Plenty of great guys there, as they are raised with traditional values matching hers.

From reading your posts, I think you'd do better dating men who have been raised in a similar culture. I was Computer Science, and there was no shortage of Asians there. Try hanging out at the CS labs.

--huno

*frat: short for "fraternity house." A building housing fraternity members; identifiable by looking for large buildings with greek lettering above doors and burning couches parked on lawns. Usually smells of beer, weed and condoms.

+keg: short for "keg of beer." A metal receptacle housing an alcoholic beverage; identifiable by looking for large oafish guys and nearly-naked blonde girls hovering around said receptable, confined within a frat*. Usually smells of beer, weed and condoms.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Well...

1) What kinds of guys are you going after? Do you meet them in libraries, the Accounting Club, and the Engineering Society, or by the keg+ at the frat*?

2) This is America--this country is just coming off the 1960s, where sex was not just everywhere, it was damn-near a commodity! I think Newsweek just published an article about this.

Now, I have a Taiwanese female friend--also very bright, and looks great in tight jeans (people who've read my posts will notice a trend here... :D)--she dates guys exclusively from Taiwan. Plenty of great guys there, as they are raised with traditional values matching hers.

From reading your posts, I think you'd do better dating men who have been raised in a similar culture. I was Computer Science, and there was no shortage of Asians there. Try hanging out at the CS labs.

--huno

*frat: short for "fraternity house." A building housing fraternity members; identifiable by looking for large buildings with greek lettering above doors and burning couches parked on lawns. Usually smells of beer, weed and condoms.

+keg: short for "keg of beer." A metal receptacle housing an alcoholic beverage; identifiable by looking for large oafish guys and nearly-naked blonde girls hovering around said receptable, confined within a frat*. Usually smells of beer, weed and condoms.
    I do go to all those student organizations because I am the Presidents of them all,lol

I like guys who are smarter than I am, not afraid to ask me out. And well behaved.:)

Well... I hang out in the engineering lab all the time, I have fun with them. I make tham laugh ALL THE TIME. I know they all like me if not they won't vote me as homecoming queen and they all stare at me, that's how I tell. :P but they are afraid to ask me out, because I am one of the two TA in the department. I make all "A"s, they know that! I tried to ask them hw questions, but they end up ask me about it. Geez...
    Well... be frankly... I think I am attracted to white male ^^;
    Do you like asian girls? ;) sounds like you might...
    hehe
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123
    Yes, I believe he will appreciate it, and as huno asked are you a shy person, because that will turn off a guy. I went on date with girl I did all the talking the hole night. And didn't ask for second date. Saw her a couple of weeks later and she said how come I didn't want to go out again and told her you didn't talk. She begged for another date but said no thanks. You may want to go to church or check out churchfriend finder to find people with morals.
    I am outgoing! If not, how do I become all the Presidents and Homecoming Queen?:p I have a great sense of humour too! :D but I am too bad at driving a car, do u think that is an issue?:rolleyes:
    OH, but my face does turn red easily when I am with guys, but overall I am out going...

Jun 27, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Well...be frankly...I think I am attracted to white male ^^;
    Do you like asian girls? ;) sounds like you might...
    hehe
    You and every other Asian girl on the planet wants a white guy... :D

And sorry to disappoint you... Watashi wa Mekishikoke Amerikajin desu!
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2007, 01:51 PM
    You and every other Asian girl on the planet wants a white guy... :D

And sorry to disappoint you... Watashi wa Mekishikoke Amerikajin desu!
    Haha, don't mexican guys all like a white girl?:D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Have fun and be happy, and I suspect after the academic life is over, and you get to the real world, your opportunities will increase. I think an older more mature fellow, will rock your socks. One who is as confident, and very established. He will appear when your ready, not when you think you are.
    cjnvgq Posts: 25, Reputation: 7

Jun 27, 2007, 02:26 PM
    I agree with talaniman. Now guys around you are not as excellent as you. The real gold's shimmering color can't be hidden bu anything in the end. By the way, proud of you, beautiful Asian girl :)

Jun 27, 2007, 02:27 PM
    haha, don't mexican guys all like a white girl?:D
    Hahaha... not all of us. I am more into mexican girls. As I've said before, I can only seduce in Spanish.

BTW, what the hell did that guy who disagreed say? I failed the Kanji portion of Japanese 101 six years ago...

Watashi wa chotto nihongo o hanashimasu. Chotto, chotto, chotto.

--huno

P.S.: Chotto.
    kinkyn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Huni don't get worked up over nothing I'm 26 and I'm not with any one but like my mother said the right person will come looking for you one day so just live your life well your young enough to do so if you want I will come out some time and meet you its up to you just don't put yourself down your worth more than that OK huni

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Me and this wonderful girl but [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I know this girl. And I really like her. And she likes me a lot. And we've known each other for a while, but never really went out. Not friends. And not boyfriend and girlfriend. Yesterday I went to magic mountain with her and some of her friends. And I could tell she really liked me. She was...

7 year old wonderful border collie has not eaten for days. [ 1 Answers ]

My border collie is 7 years old and all of a sudden acts like he has no will to live. He has not eaten anything for about 7 days. Not even things like pure tuna or hamburger which any dog would suck down so fast. He has lost a lot of weight and will only come to his name if you say it repeatily....

How come single men fall for emtional games from single women but not married ones? [ 75 Answers ]

Okay this was brought up in another post by Wildcat. I didn’t want to take away from the original poster but this has been on my mind all day and I just want to get some other feedback on it. The OP was a mistress and as WC points out we’ve been seeing a lot of that here lately. Here’s what WC...

Wonderful fianc? Wants to adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I have been dating this wonderful guy off and on for about a year now. The times we broke up were my fault. He is going in the army in the next month or so. He wants to get married the day he graduates from bct, and he also wants to adopt my daughter. I know who her father is and he pays child...

View more questions Search