Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jun 26, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Hair troubles
    I have naturally straight hair but I straighten my hair every day anyhow. I know its really bad but if its going to be straight I want it pin straight and blow drying my hair just doesn't work. The thing is I hate my hair straight. It has no volume and very little flexibility. I have tried using curling irons and other things to make my hair wavy/curly but they just haven't worked. Does anyone know of a good product or tool that could make my hair wavy. I really want it to look the way miley cyrus has her hair in the new season of her show. Thanks for your input and please help me.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
    You sound very bored. Consider volunteering through your church or at a nearby hospital or convalescent home. It might sound boring now, but you might be surprised at how interesting it is and how good you'll feel if you get out and help someone else and learn from them. You could help out an overwhelmed mother in your neighborhood, a recycling place, a place that provides services for the homeless, tutor kids. You could also take up a sport or learn to paint.

You have many dull weeks ahead of you. Find a way to challenge yourself this summer!
    --Just Asking
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jun 26, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Have you ever tried hot curlers? I used to use some flexible ones that worked brilliantly. And lots of mousse or curling spray. I had the same problem, dead straight hair that wouldn't curl, but that worked for me.

Jun 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking
    You sound very bored. Consider volunteering through your church or at a nearby hospital or convalescent home. It might sound boring now, but you might be surprised at how interesting it is and how good you'll feel if you get out and help someone else and learn from them. You could help out an overwhelmed mother in your neighborhood, a recycling place, a place that provides services for the homeless, tutor kids. You could also take up a sport or learn to paint.

You have many dull weeks ahead of you. Find a way to challenge yourself this summer!
    --Just Asking
    Were you referring to my signature? I'm actually not that bored. I could do stuff if I wanted to but I'm not much of an independent person and my friends are either on vaca or constantly busy. But thanks for trying to help.

Jun 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Squiffy is there a certain type/brand you recommend?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 27, 2007, 04:10 PM
    If you want soft curls, tight curls or a wavy effect, it is best to use rollers in your hair. I would definitely recommend using hot rollers.You will find a lot brands of hot rollers at your local beauty supply store, department store or pharmacy. Look through the selections and choose the rollers that suits you. Be sure to follow the instructions it comes with.

Jun 30, 2007, 02:28 PM
    I'm open to any suggestions but please help
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jul 2, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiffy
    Have you ever tried hot curlers? I used to use some flexible ones that worked brilliantly. And lots of mousse or curling spray. I had the same problem, dead straight hair that wouldnt curl, but that worked for me.
    I'm sorry for the disagree,I meant to say I agree!They work great and,squiffy gave you good advice.Sorry for hitting the wrong button.:p
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 13, 2007, 05:39 AM
    I used to use the Nicky Clarke ones, they were fab, bright purple and twisty so they hold in place. I think they all do pretty much the same things though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair troubles [ 4 Answers ]

OK so when I waz younger my hair was healthy and long(down my back) but nnow that I go swimmng in school it started to breack off now its getting closer and closer to shoulder length now my mom keeps talking about how I'm letting my hair get shorter and hsorter is there anything I could get that's...

Hair troubles [ 5 Answers ]

I have naturally straight hair but I straighten my hair every day anyhow. I know its really bad but if its going to be straight I want it pin straight and blow drying my hair just doesn't work. The thing is I hate my hair straight. It has no volume and very little flexibility. I have tried...

Boyfriend troubles [ 7 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend have been dating for like 9 months and we had a really good relationship at first a lot of partying and stuff when he had his own place. Well he moved home and grew up really fast getting really responsible about school. I just turned 21 and have a lot of partying still...

Toilet troubles [ 5 Answers ]

One of the 3 toilets in our place had been running a lot. I read a post here suggesting bending the rod that holds the ball down so that the water won't overflow the pipe. That worked; there is no more running. But now whenever I flush that toilet, the toilet in the bathroom downstairs loses all...

Troubles: [ 2 Answers ]

Why do troubles and trials exist in this world? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search