Ask
    ypsv1977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 09:43 AM
    What part of speech is word tearfully tearfully,I hung up the phone
    What part of speech is word tearfully Tearfullu,I hung up the phone
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 26, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Since "tearfully" is used in this sentence to modify the action of the verb "hang-up," it is an adverb.

Hint - with a few notable exceptions, most words ending in "ly" are adverbs, as they are usually used to modify either verbs (as above) or adjectives.

Now - why did you post this question in a Business Management forum?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall Hung Sink Repair/Replace [ 6 Answers ]

I am a Landlord. I have a turn over that the bathroom sink was, sat on, leaned on, stood on. So what I have is the sink tilted down and pulled away from the wall. The caulking is hanging in mid air. To repair this? 1. I try tightening the bolts providing I can find them and there are bolts. ...

Re-plumbing a pre-hung door (already installed) [ 2 Answers ]

Several months ago I had a handyman replace a pre-hung entry door leading out to our deck. Last night I noticed a small water stain on the subfloor under one of the pieces of interior casing. I had to remove the casing to find the leak (latch side), and discovered there isn’t anything securing...

Still hung-up on your ex? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I've not posted for a while but this site was a life-line to me last year when my ex-husband was messing me about. He's now married and I worried that he would change for his new wife and she would get the life I wanted - I was assured that leopards don't change their spots and I want to...

Long - not hung up, but confused [ 50 Answers ]

Entire story merged I meet the girl of my dreams at about this time last year and we end up going out for six bliss filled months. We take it slow and cautious, waiting to have sex, waiting to pop the love word for several months, but when we do commit it's something sudden, simultaneous and...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

View more questions Search