Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzie Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2005, 08:57 AM
    XP home or Pro?
    What is the difference between XP home and Pro?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2005, 05:10 AM
    There isn't much. If you are going to be using XP at home only, go with home.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article10-002
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2005, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzie
    What is the difference between XP home and Pro?
    The main difference is network support. XP Pro was designed more to be run on a business network.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2005, 05:24 AM
    XP home or Pro
    Hi,
    If using only at home on just one computer, then go with XP Home.
    The Pro is used in business applications of connecting computers to a main computer or server.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    PS; Be SURE to check your computer's software and hardware (printers, scanners, etc) for compatibility with XP.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2005, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    If using only at home on just one computer, then go with XP Home.
    The Pro is used in business applications of connecting computers to a main computer or server.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    PS; Be SURE to check your computer's software and hardware (printers, scanners, etc) for compatability with XP.
    Fred,
    Have you ever had an original thought? Its really getting very tiresome seeing you repeat the advice others have already given. Also what makes you think mazzie is looking to install XP? All he asked was what the differences were!
    Other users (both askers and volunteers) are noticing how you frequently echo previous answers. Its just losing you what little respect you might have had.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home alone [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any laws in the state of Colorado as to how old a child needs to be to walk home from school and stay home alone for an hour or so before the parents come home from work?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

New home [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to move into a new home and would like advice about what I should do in terms of helpful hints Ex. Like the garage floor is bare concrete so I am thinking about painting it with that epoxy stuf that I got from the home depot to make it smother and look better and we are planing on...

View more questions Search