Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gil in Idaho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 02:34 PM
    Standard distances?
    Is there a standard distance for placement of center of water closet drain to finished wall? I'm roughing in sewer plumbing in basement for future build-out before slab is poured.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2005, 02:47 PM
    It's usually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil in Idaho
    Is there a standard distance for placement of center of water closet drain to finished wall? I'm roughing in sewer plumbing in basement for future build-out before slab is poured.
    ... 12" from the wall but might want to check with the manufacturer for the recommendations.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2005, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickit
    ...12" from the wall but might want to check with the manufacturer for the recommendations.
    That's 12" from the wall to the center of the closet bend. This is standard unless you have a special order 10" rough in closet. Good luck, Tom
    jamlove Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2005, 10:28 AM
    12" is good news!
    Hey that's good news! I saw in some book that 18" was recommended, but that was AFTER (of course) I glued my closet bend together. My measurement is just about 13" from the back wall to the center of the flange, and I was worried that I'd need to cut it out and bust more concrete out and do it further out.

I think that book may have been screwy though. On another page in that section they had some "standard" bathroom layouts drawn, and in one spot they had two in-line 18" measures, then a full-length measure of the same two points labeled 48"! Interesting math.

Anyway, I'll keep mine how it is. Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 22, 2005, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlove
    Hey that's good news! I saw in some book that 18" was recommended, but that was AFTER (of course) I glued my closet bend together. My measurement is just about 13" from the back wall to the center of the flange, and I was worried that I'd need to cut it out and bust more concrete out and do it further out.

I think that book may have been screwy though. On another page in that section they had some "standard" bathroom layouts drawn, and in one spot they had two in-line 18" measures, then a full-length measure of the same two points labeled 48"!! Interesting math.

Anyway, I'll keep mine how it is. Thanks!

Not having seen the book I would hazard a guess as to where the 18" came from. 18" is the measurement for the lavatory stub out back to the floor.
    A 13" toilet rough's acceptable so complete your job. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard of care vs standard of practice [ 3 Answers ]

In terms of medicine, what is the difference between the standard of care and the standard of practice?

Wisconsin Statute listing distances for visitation and between housholds [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for the statutes defining how far the divorced parents can live from each other in Wisconsin. Also, Information on the distances each divorced parent should/must travel for visitations. Situation: Divorced parents; we live about 120 miles apart. We have been...

Standard Deductions [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a question and wondering if anybody could answer this. I am an Indian National and was holding an F-1 Visa from August 2002 through August 2005. My Visa status got changed on September 15, 2005 to H-1B. So my starting date is September 15, 2005. Can anybody tell me what form should I...

Maximum distances from the waste line vent [ 3 Answers ]

Are there generally code requirements for waste line runs in regards to how far the waste line runs from the roof vent? For example, if I convert an existing bedroom into a bathroom and the toilet is say 10 feet away from the waste line roof vent, is that going to be a problem?

Standard Costing [ 0 Answers ]

Pl. Provide me formulas of standard costing for Materials.

View more questions Search