Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arunavcd Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2005, 11:04 AM
    Math problem
    The amount of a tracer dye injected into the bloodstream decreases expontially, with a decay constant of 3% per minute. If 6 cc are present initially, how many cubic centimeters are present after 10 minutes? (here k will be negative)

Note : Proper working and illustration are necessary.
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Jun 21, 2005, 01:18 AM
    math
    notice that the amount in the blood at any time is
    (0.97)^m where m is in minutes. i.e. (1 - 0.03)^m
    times the amount that originally was injected 6cc=X
    x* (1-0.03)^m = x* (0.97)^m = 6cc * (0.97)^10 = 4.42454476 cc.

A=P* (1+r)^t for certain types of problems. (notice r = -0.03)
    A=Prt for some other types of problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could someone help with my math problem [ 3 Answers ]

Jim and Alice Lange, employees at Wal-Mart, have put themselves on a strict budget. Their goal at year’s end is to buy a boat for $15,000 in cash. Their budget includes the following: 40% food and lodging 20% entertainment 10% educational Jim earns $1,900 per month and Alice earns $2,400...

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

What will be the 12th term of the following sequence if the pattern continues? 3, 7, 11,. Please explian in good detail!thanks

Math problem [ 10 Answers ]

The pasteurization temperature of milk by the High Temperature Short Time (HTST process is 161 Fahrenheit. What is this temperature in Centigrade? How do you work the problem and show all the work on paper.

Math problem [ 6 Answers ]

Kyle is a world class tennis player and goes to practice with some bags of tennis balls. Kyle has five bags containing a total of 50 tennis balls. The first and second bags contain a total of 21 tennis balls, the second and third bags contain 20 tennis balls, and the third and fourth contain 21...

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

A restaurant sink compartment is 30" long and 24" wide. If filled to a depth of 12 inches, how many gallons are in the sink? I divided 35/171 my ans. Was 2.0467 and I rounded it to 2.05 GPG dosage. I'm sure it's wrong, but I don't know what I'm doing. How do you work the problem and show...

View more questions Search