Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wyeast Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quickbooks default setting for bills
    Hello,
    I am using Quickbooks Pro 2007, and find that when entering bills, the previous bill items are pre-entered into the fields (dollar amount, etc.. ). For me, I find that I can forget to write over the amounts, and then I may pay an old bill instead of the new one. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the default for the fields in the bill window to be empty, instead of the data from an old bill?
    Thanks, Brian
    QuickBooks Trainer Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 01:34 AM
    Yes, you have to uncheck the box for "automatically recall the last transaction for this name" which can be found in the General subsection within your preferences menu. (File, Edit, Preferences, General).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

QuickBooks Statement [ 2 Answers ]

If a Customer has a balance due on the monthly statement, what is the correct way of entering the payment to the customer in QuickBooks?

Quickbooks 2006 [ 1 Answers ]

In Quickbooks 2006 how can you change the period for a comparative income statement from a calendar period to a specified date range? For example the month for the income statement may be Aug 27 - Sept 26 You want the current period to show Aug 27 and Sept 26 which it does okay but when you...

Quickbooks question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I use Quickbooks Pro 2006 for Mac. As part of our accounting requirements (per our accountant for reporting) we must “split” many of our general expenses across four operating regions with each region’s portion of an expense being different based on its relative size in our total...

Setting Default email service [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Fast Mail as my main email service and would like to know how to set it as my default email. When I go to tools, internet opitions, programs it does not list fast mail as an opition. Would appreciate any advise.

View more questions Search