Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanikfan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 05:19 AM
    I want to know about pci slot prob
    I have a computer every thing was working fine in it.. (p I've 1.7 mhz)

After some day when I added a new sound card its not detceting it
    But I checked the sound card in another system with same mother board and configaration it works fine
    But in my PC it doesn't detes in any of the pci slots,

Please help me
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2005, 05:34 AM
    You tried inserting it in ALL the slots? Does the motherboard have onboard sound? If so, you probably need to disable the onboard sound to use another sound board. How to do that depends on your motherboard. You should check the documentation or the motherboard manufacturer's web site for instructions.
    amanikfan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2005, 09:20 PM
    PCI card still not work
    Dear sir

I tried as you asked me to do , before it self but itdidnt work,

I cannot use any pci card.. in any Slot.

But it was working fine before..
    In the mother board all other things are working fine.
    I updated bious also but still not work..
    Uis there any other solution that I can still use a pci card like modem,soundcard, or ethernet card..?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 21, 2005, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amanikfan
    i cannot use any pci card..in any Slot.
    You say you can't use ANY card in ANY PCI slot? In that case the motherboard is probably fried and you need to replace it. The only way to make sure is to take it to a tech who can diagnose it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Track lighting prob. [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a new hampton bay track and also hooked up three new hampton bay hanging track lights. After the install, turned the dimmer on and all of the way up and only the light on the end of the track lights up. The other two filaments are glowing slightly. If I take off one of the...

I have a big prob please help [ 3 Answers ]

OK here's the thing I am really shy around my boyfriend. Because my last boyfriend I got to close to to fast and when he broke up with me about 5 months ago I was really upset and I'm still not 100%over it. But I've got a new boyfriend and I lve him to death but now I'm like really shy around him...

Pci slot & video card [ 5 Answers ]

I have received a new video card - Gforce fX 5200. It is a PCI version. Looking at the unopened box I found NO requirements. After opening it and reading the users guide I find: "If you have a PCI CARD, you will insert it into an available white PCI 2.1 or above compliant slot." My computer...

1 Ram slot on motherboard and it is empty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a generic built computer. Recently in trying to upgrade it I discovered some things, this mother board has on board everything! Sound, enet, video, usb, and apparently RAM. I want to upgrade my RAM. In the system properties it...

View more questions Search