Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsm445 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 04:00 AM
    Impalement Charge
    Our 10 yr old Grandson ( we have Permanent Guardianship of) is presently in a Psych. Center for his behaviors. He has been diagnosed with RAD along with many others. He has been at this center for almost 4 months. They claim he is not actting out his anger issues there as he has displayed here, at the hospital and school. They also do not feel they can do anymore for him. They would like to release him. Child Mental Health (placed him there) says he can not come home because of attempts and threats of raping his younger sister along with threats and attempts of taking our lives. We feel the same especially without intense treatment. The center said to inquire about an Impalement Charge. My search on the internet basically came up blank. Can anyone here share insite?
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 25, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Impalement is not the right word, as it means to skewer someone with a sharp object like a stake or sword.

Call back and get the correct name and spelling of whatever it is they suggested. I cannot think of anything close to the word "impalement" within the context.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsm445
    We feel the same especially without intense treatment.
    Hello t:

Instead of trying to lock him up, why don't your hire someone to provide him the much needed treatment?

excon

Jun 25, 2007, 07:13 AM
    We live in the State of Delaware. The Child Mental Health, Delaware Social Services and DFS along with us have searched for help but came up empty. We don't want to lock him up. We want him safe and safety for those around him.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 25, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Sometimes residential treatment is the only way to ensure the safety of the patient and others. If the child is violent, it could lead to tragedy and imprisonment if he were to hurt or kill someone.

Some people with RAD and anti-social personality disorder can "con" even mental health professionals they are so good at manipulation and presenting a charming, healthy outward appearance. Look at Ted Bundy... how many women would be alive today if his parents had noticed his problems and tried to intervene? Look at the various school shooters, did they show signs of problems years before that were ignored?

I think tsm445 is trying to do the right thing to help this poor child.

Jun 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Thank-you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do they have the Right to be in charge? [ 19 Answers ]

Why does the governernment have the right to be in charge? To even exist? I didn't agree to be Australian, I didn't vote to say "lets form a government" so why should I have to follow their rules, even acknwoledge their existence? Who in the first place, in history, actually said "Thats it, im...

Old Charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question and I really need an answer as soon as possible. Someone I know was being accused of sexual assault so he turned himself in, he was not arrested. He stood before the judge with his attorney and was given an Anger Management class because apparently there was no proof. This...

Charge of? [ 1 Answers ]

On one of my credit report one credit card said charge of? What does that mean?

Under Or Over Charge! [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Know If The System Under Or Over Charge Without Using The Gauge.

View more questions Search