Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOSERD Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Criminal charges that were hyped by a sworn police officer
    I have been cgarged with felony assault/dang.weapon or substance,manufac/poss/deliver sch 11,possession of marijunana-sub offense,resisting legal or illlegal arrest.on 7/13/06 cameras of stop%shop were active and recorded the whole incident,the attorney generals office in providence,ri keeps telling my public defender that there is no video tapes,I believe the prosecutor involve or assign to my case is with helding important crucial/instrumental edvidence which is my sixth amendement to produce ant witnesess or any evidence that the prosecutor has for my defense as well as for my public defender so that I may have a fair trial.please someone help me this has been an ongoing promblem for the past year now,and have not been able to continue on with my case pending.what can I do about this are there any appropriate governing bodys/public officials,etc that may be able to help/support me.thank you much for anyone willing to help.please reply as to what steps I should take next:D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Hello J:

At this point in the criminal justice system, there's only ONE person who has the job of defending you, and that's your lawyer. If he or she isn't doing their job, fire them and hire one who will.

Do it in writing sent certified return receipt requested. Send a copy to the court and to the prosecutor. If you cannot NOW afford a lawyer, the court will re-assign an attorney to you, but probably won't do it again.

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSERD
    YOUR FRIEND CAN DO WHATEVER SHE WANTS,IF SHE FEELS HER PUBLIC DEFENDER IS NOT REPRESENTING HER TO THE BEST INTEREST OF HER CLIENT SHE MAY FIRE HER,AND OBTAIN ANOTHER ATTORNEY
    Hello again, J:

Hmmm.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Your attorney can subpeona the manager or security manager of the store to testify whether there are security cameras in the store and whether they captured the incident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Police arrested an innocent man because of long criminal history. [ 12 Answers ]

Before I ask my question please read what situation that had happened to give you a better idea of what's going on. There was an incident that had occurred @ my resident. There was a snowmobile that was cruising in my backyard and someone called the police. The police arrived and asked me if it was...

Probation Officer [ 3 Answers ]

What happens when your probation officer threaten to put you in jail for not paying your restitutions because you can't get a job?

Probation officer [ 8 Answers ]

Can my brother change his prbation officer in the state of va if he went to high school w/ her ( they hated one another in school)?? :confused:

Juveniles charges with criminal damage in second degree [ 4 Answers ]

Two juveniles were charged with criminal damage in the second degree. They have already paid restitution for the damages they did and we have to go to court in couple of weeks. They have never been in trouble until this incident. I'm a little concerned about what will happen to them. I know the...

View more questions Search