Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gymnast6394 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Which one
    I need to pick a sport. I am both a gymanst and a swimmer. I am state champs at both but I did better in nationals in swimming then in gymnastics. I love gymnastics the most because I love feeling strong on vault, graceful on floor, balanced on beam, and on top of the world on bars. I only do swimming because my mom wants me to and I am somewhat good at it. I am finally allowed to quit swimming if I want to. But I am not sure if I want to because I could be really good at it. I want to pick one ot the other because I don't want to be good at both I want to be able to be great at 1 of them. So which one?? And please don't recommend divingn because I am afraid of the high dive. I know chicken.:confused:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 06:04 PM
    I, personally think gymnastics could be translated into more options than swimming. I don't recommend giving up on swimming ( it's GREAT excersize ) Do you think your Mom's being protective? Swimming is less impact on the body and joints than gym-n... less chance of injury ( though both have risks and hazards ) Good luck, either way!

Jun 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
    I don't think she is being protective. She did gymnastics and swimming when she was little and I think she wants me to be both. But my dream is to do college gymnastics. And my mom chose swimming and I think she wants me to too.

Jun 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
    She chose to swim in college I mean
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jun 24, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Understand that the one you choose to pursue will be the one you spend many hours, several days per week engaged in. If you are going to dedicate this much of your life to a sport, you should love it, and be 110% intrinsically motivated by it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnast6394
    But my dream is to do college gymnastics.
    Never, and I mean NEVER, give up your dreams. Your dreams are truly yours and no one has the right to take that from you.
    gymgirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
    GYMNASTICS All the way
    Why?
    Because it has so many options cheerleading competitive gymnastics a job later as a gym or cheer coach
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 02:24 PM
    I think that if u want to only pick 1, u should do gymnastics and do swimming as a hobby. But the choice is yours and I think you should do whichever one YOU want, not which one your mom wants you to pick
    jonasboyslove Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 05:55 AM
    I had the same problem!
    Like no kidding
    I swam for 8 years and it just got boring to me
    And with gymnastics I ahd to quit cause of an injury
    Sooo if there's any sport you plan on like doing in college
    I suggest swimming
    Gymnastics is A lot of pain
    CareBearsRule Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Personally as a gymnist I think you should stay in gymnastics, it takes a lot of detication but it is fun! THere are so many things that gymnastics could leed you to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search