Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beemer94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Copper to pvc pipe
    We are trying to install a water system in our home and need to know how we go from copper pipe to pvc pipe.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Try these.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 25, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Or this!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Tom's sweat fitting is much cheaper. A 3/4 Shark-Bite will not fit a 3/4'' PVC pipe. 1/2'' PVC is much closer, but I can't say if it would work. You could compromise and use a Shark-Bite to thread adapter. You also can go Shark-Bite to CPVC to a CPVC/PVC adapter. Use a cement meant to work with either.

I have used CPVC compression unions. With them, it is best to anchor the pipes solid.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Or this!
    Other way around, Tom.

When joining threaded plastic to threaded metallic fittings the plastic fitting should always be the male fitting -- Otherwise the plastic female fitting will crack during normal expansion and contraction.

Section 606.2.2 of the UPC.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    I have used CPVC compression unions. With them, it is best to anchor the pipes solid.
    Compression unions are fine, but only in accessible locations.

Burying them inside walls is strictly forbidden.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 25, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgrowler
    Other way around, Tom.

When joining threaded plastic to threaded metallic fittings the plastic fitting should always be the male fitting -- Otherwise the plastic female fitting will crack during normal expansion and contraction.

Section 606.2.2 of the UPC.
    OK! Turn the thingy around then.
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    OK! Turn the thingy around then.
    :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

Loud Bangs Coming from PVC waste pipe and Hot Water Copper Line [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had a crack and leak in our PVC waste pipe just behind our family room wall close to the first story floor. The plumber opened up the drywall and cut out the cracked portion (2 feet) which exended from just behind the family room wall down to the basement and replaced it with a new...

Copper to PVC [ 2 Answers ]

My house has all copper pipes. However, I noticed that from the street main before the house there is a tee that connects copper to PVC. The PVC branch is connected to my sprinklers and nothing else. I am worried that the PVC wasn't meant to be under constant water pressure from the main and...

PVC to Copper Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom. The existing drain pipe is 1 1/2" copper tubing. What is the best way to connect a 1 1/2" PVC to 1 1/2" copper tubing?

Copper to PVC [ 1 Answers ]

HI (Ken) (!st time user) I am replacing the Main copper on/off valve. How do I connect a one inch copper outside main water pipe to a one inch PVC pipe, (which is connected to meter side) ? Additional info have 6 inches of copper and 6 inches of PVC above ground. I do not want...

View more questions Search