Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Norman-B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2005, 05:34 AM
    Scanner use?
    I have just been given a Packard Bell 1200 plus scanner for Fathers Day! (Lucky me).
    My question is, is this scanner suitable for scanning my slides (Transparencies). I have 100's from years ago.
    It has a resolution of 600x1200.
    Any advice welcomed.
    Thank you.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2005, 05:59 AM
    Scanner
    Hi,
    Most scanners with this capability come with a plastic insert, than can be put on the scanner; a flatbed scanner. The instruction manual explains how to scan the slides.
    Have you looked over the instruction manual that came with the scanner?
    I do know the Epson Perfection 2480 photo scanner comes with this option.
    You can also go to the manufacturer's website, click on FAQ's for your particular scanner, and even download a "user manual" for it.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Norman-B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2005, 07:17 AM
    Hi fredg,
    Many thanks for your prompt reply!
    I was unwilling to unpack the scanner if it was not suitable for the slides purpose. I did look at the Users Guide but it only gives instructions on Installations of hardware.
    As you suggest, I will go to the users web site and ask there.
    Thanks again.

Norm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to share my scanner on lan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all... Please tell me that how can I share my scanner which is connected with one of my 5 pc's on Lan. I wants to share scanner for other users can access that scanner while the actual pc/pc user is busy in other work. If in this case any other want to scan the document then they can...

Scanner [ 2 Answers ]

Please can you help me sort a hardware problem out.I have just bought a second hand flatbed packard bell scanner and the installation cd was broken on arrival.I use xp home as my operating system and have service pack 2 installed.Am I able to download the relevant software from the web.The scanner...

Scanner [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Friends, My boss wants me to check for a scanner that can scan at least 10 pages per minute. I do not find any product showing how many pages it can scan per minute. How and from where do I get this info Thanks Ram

Scanner Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I click on Scanner icon on desktop--it say's no scanner found--Can I go to Add/Remove and remove the scanner and then insert my scanner cd and start over- Thanks for your help --I've checked the cables---

Scanner Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-- I try to open my scanner icon on the desktop--It say's no scanner available--I checked the wire connections etc.--Thanks for any help---

View more questions Search