Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jun 18, 2005, 11:09 PM
    Culligan whole house water filter
    Found one at Ace Hardware. Any suggestions on any other stores that I would find this whole house water filter at? Doing a comparison shop so I can get the best price to have my neighbor install it in 1 month.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2005, 05:15 AM
    Do an Internet search for...
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyandjan
    Found one at Ace Hardware. Any suggestions on any other stores that I would find this whole house water filter at? Doing a comparison shop so I can get the best price to have my neighbor install it in 1 month.
    ... price comparison shopping and try locating Culligan's site so you can check who they sell to.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2005, 09:49 AM
    I think there are a number of brands that all take the same cartridges. Check the low price leaders such as the home centers and discount stores. My house has an old Stiles-Kem Dew Clear filter housing. Culligan and other filters fit it fine. I can get the charcoal filters I use to control odor at Ace Hardware as cheap as anywhere else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Filter [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, After replacing my less than four year old water heater due to build up of crud I was wondering if there is a filter I can put on after the HWH to catch any crud that may slip through. My wife was complaining about pieces of rock in the water when she was taking a hot bath so I...

Whole House water filter [ 2 Answers ]

This past weekend I replaced my old water softener with a new one. While looking at the different models at Lowe's, I also noticed that they recommend a whole house water filter as a "pre-filter". As long as I was replacing the water softener, I figured I might as well add the filter. While I...

Whole house water filter [ 3 Answers ]

Recently we delt w/ a partial blockage of our boiler heating coil. We assumed it was from calcification but after the blockage was flushed by the heating repair person, we found it to be small chips of rock/sand. To prevent it further I would like to filter the water as it comes into the house...

Whole-house water filter; Pressure question [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, In my house, we have an AquaPure water filter on the main water line (right after the meter). It works pretty well; the problem is, once the new filter cartridge has been in for a couple of weeks (but not long enough to need a cartridge change), the water pressure begins to drop...

Placement of Whole-house Filter [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to install a new pressure tank and water softener in my 25 year old home with copper pipes. We are on a private septic system and submersible pump well with fairly hard water. I have always been reluctant to install a water softener but removing the rust stains and scale from our...

View more questions Search