Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fedupwithhim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
    He Refuses to leave and threatens me
    I have been married to a man for almost 4 years. We have on child together and I have two from a previous relationship. I do not love him anymore. Through no fault of my own I am just tired of the BS. He has cheated on me, has a drug problem, refuses to work, refuses to watch the kids forcing me to pay for a babysitter. He drives a nice new Cadillac because I bought it... I guess I spoiled him. But now after the money is gone I have resorted to pawning my jewlery just to make ends meat. I come home from work pick up the baby from the babysitter and guess who's walking around here like he runs the show. I have expressed to him my feelings through written word, talking, crying, yelling, I have done it all. And he still refuses to leave. He has destroyed my property, threatened me verbally and physically, stalked me at work, and followed me. And he's the one who is running the streets. I just want him out. My kids are angry with him and it is reflecting in their day to day activities. What can I do?? I have lived in this house since I was born and had him sign a Quit Claim Deed. Can I make him leave without worrying about him coming back. He has gotten physical with me before. And he has treatened to do it again. HELP!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Of course not, if he is a mean and dangerous person he can sneak back and break in and hurt you if he wants to. You said he quit claim a deed, did you add him to the deed or did he sign his share over to you.

But because you are married, you will have to file for divorce and ask for the court to order him to move, If you have proff of the physcial harm he did to you before you may be able to get a restaining order and/ or a order of protection, Then you change the locks and hope he obeys the court order.

It is time to go to a divorce attorney and start.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Call the cops, get a restaining order, and a lawyer. ASAP!
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Hello.

Sending you a great Big Hug... You have to legally make him move out, not just for you but for the kids. First get a order of protection / in some states restraining order so he can't get near you or the kids without getting in trouble with the law. Next find an attorney and start the divorce paperwork. That way if he does anything dumb he will have a paper trail already.

If you feel that he could be physical or kidnap the kids you can hire a guard or move to a safe house for a short time.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    dolly08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Sweety my mother was going through the same thing if you can't get him to leave your going to have to get out yourself don't worry about all of the petty things God will place all of them newer and better things your best bet is to get those kids out of that type of environment that kind of stuff could mess up a child's state of mind if you wait to long I guarantee the Lord will bless you when you get away from that evildoer you have kids to protect just move far away don't inform that your leaving whenever he out going out to get his drugs that's the best time to leave but you have to be prepared to leave some days when your out on you lunch break look at different places to move you could even do it over the internet just what ever you do do it quick!! **THINK ABOUT THE KIDS** but **MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS**
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 08:28 AM
    I want to tell you a story of a man I used to work with. A very handsome charming man, very well built and nice to talk to. He did let us know that he thought women needed to know their places in life. But anyway he got married to a very nice girl. They had 2 little girls. On and off they had a few problems. I guess money became a problem and he turned to a little drinking and smoking weed. He became involved in some ticket problems lost his driver license was arrested etc. she bailed him out, a couple of times, the hitting started and he was arrested for that, she forgave him and he came home, after a while things just started back up. This went on and off for a few years... she maintained the home and kids, job. She finally got tired of his bs and got a restraining order against him. And from his priors the judge granted it. This man realized that she was serious. He waited one day outside of her work on a busy 5.00p.m. afternoon in February, took her arm as she screamed... ducked under a stairwell and slit her throat and killed her. Her parents have her kids and he is in prison. She is dead. Before you leave, you make a plan, you talk to a woman's group, and try to get them to give you a feel of just how dangerous your husband can be. They will guide you.and stand by and they can even give you a safe place to live. These types of men they are most dangerous when they know you have had enough. A home, job and car can be replaced your life can not. Please do not try to do this alone, get some advice first. Good luck
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Jun 25, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Honey, get out of this situation as soon as you safely can. My mother is married to a man similar to this. He doesn't hit her (and he better pray that he never does), but he is verballyemotionally, and mentally abusive.. I can't recall how many times she's called me at 11 at night asking me if she's crazy. He's messed with her mind that much. This came between myself and my family for 2 years... until they started seeing how he was.
    Get your children out of there. If he threatens youhe won't think twice about threatening your children. Also, this is not a healthy environment for them, or yourself. You're in my prayers...
    calover16m Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Jun 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Call the cops, get a restaining order, and a lawyer. ASAP!!
    I definitely agree
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2007, 06:24 PM
    I agree with the ones who say get out, get out with your children. Pack a few clothes here and there, that he cannot notice. Store them at a friend's. If you have a friend that can step in, great. You need a safe place to go and quit trying to get him out. He is not going to leave, so you do the leaving. This is NOT quitting! This is about self preservation and protecting your children. Did I say you need a safe place? Yep. Contact a women's shelter, an abused resource center, a safe family center, whatever you have there. Even a homeless shelter for the short term.

Once you are out of there, you can focus on the necessities. Believe me that personal possessions are the small stuff in situations like yours. You can fight for them via an attorney.

Good luck to you.
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Jun 25, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Yeah, just letting you know another person in the world cares I'm only 11 so I don't want to give you misleading advice but so far they seemed to have giving you pretty good advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend refuses to speak to me or see me [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3 years. We met in college but for the last year we've been living about 200 miles apart which has definitely been a strain. 3 weeks ago my father passed away and it was very hard on me, I was always "daddy's little girl". My boyfriend was there for me...

Flapper refuses to go down in toilet [ 4 Answers ]

I recently installed my flapper in my toilet and it was working over the last couple of days. When I went to use it this morning, I noticed the flapper was not going down. In other words, it was not returning to the seat. It remained up. I loosened the chain and tightend the chain. Can...

Violent roommate not on lease refuses to leave [ 4 Answers ]

Out of desperation, I moved in with a former coworker. My name is on the lease because his credit is too bad to get an apartment in a decent area by himself. He constantly makes sexual comments, eats my food, and then when I mention something about it becomes angry, yells at the top of his lungs...

Friend refuses to be happy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend, she's a girl. She's beenreally depressed all the time lately. I asked her what was wrong and she said lately she has just thought she didn't deserve to be happy. What can I do to help her?

Eviction: Handicapped Tenant Refuses to Leave [ 13 Answers ]

One my handicapped tenants, with no legs, and two stubs managed to peck out scathing emails and sent them to Kentucky Housing and HUD, reporting abuse. After the police and social workers interviewed, it was decided she was using this to get attention. After the interviews, she sent another...

View more questions Search