Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
    SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System "Standby"
    We own a SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System. Anyone familiar with this will understand that when you hit the power button, the system automatically goes into standby mode. Hitting eject and placing your DVD in the machine, and closing the tray, the system powers on in full power mode. Same as when you hit the power from the remote after you are in standby mode.
    OUR PROBLEM IS THAT WE CANNOT GET THE UNIT OUT OF STANDBY MODE?
    Anyone have this problem/know the solution?
    Thanks!
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jun 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Try entering service mode. Make sure you have a TV attached.

While in standby mode, press display and stop buttons at the same time, then turn the volume knob to the right.

Perhaps in the service menu, there is a setting to reset the system.

The service mode information was copied from this site.
    vikash_ranjan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Hi,

I have Sony DAV-HDX589W, I was trying to make it region free and when I went into service mode and came back the system started showing DEST ERROR, I am wondering if I can reset the DVD to factory default from Service menu (or some other option) but I am not able to find it. I tried the link what you have suggested but no luck.

If possible can you help me with this ?

Regards,
    Vikash

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I retrieve/recover my emails that were "Compact" by Outlook Express 6? Thank you very much...

"Invalid System Disk".Why won't Xubuntu install? [ 4 Answers ]

This is getting annoying! :confused: I've got an old Pentium III computer running Windows98; I added a used hard-drive and formatted it, and then tried to install Xubuntu on the second hard drive (I disconnected the first hard drive and set the formatted drive to "master". I don't quite...

Sony Z520a "No Network Service" [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Cingular Sony Z520a cell phone and suddenly it shows no bars and cannot find Cingular Network. I have a family plan and rest of my family members with the same phone are able to find the network. I have read elsewhere on cingular forums that many others are also facing the...

View more questions Search